- 1 hr ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Arshad Warsi Aka Circuit On Munna Bhai 3: I Don't Think It's Going To Work, Raju Is Busy With Other Things
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.'s Farm Equipment Sector (FES), has announced that it will manufacture a new tractor series called the 'K2'. This K2 tractor will be manufactured exclusively at the company's tractor manufacturing facility at Zaheerabad in the state of Telangana.
KT Rama Rao, Hon'ble Minister for IT, Industries, MA & UD, Government of Telangana said, "The Government of Telangana is very grateful to Mahindra for their new investment in Telangana. K2 tractors have been designed in collaboration with Mitsubishi, and their manufacturing in Mahindra's plant in Zaheerabad would be a matter of great achievement for the entire country. One of the most remarkable features of Telangana's investment landscape over the last six years is a series of repeat investments by our existing investors. The new investment by Mahindra is one such example. This goes on to show that existing investors find the policy is working on the ground, and is going to be good, leading them to invest continuously".
Developed through close collaboration between the engineering teams from Mitsubishi Mahindra Agricultural Machinery of Japan and Mahindra Research Valley, India, the K2 series aims to create a light-weight tractor program for both domestic and international markets. The new series will enable Mahindra to introduce products across four new tractor platforms.
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Automotive & Farm Equipment Sector, M&M mentioned "As the world's largest tractor manufacturer by volume, Mahindra is on an exciting path to developing the K2 series, one of our most ambitious tractor programs. This project is focused on diversity and scalability, to meet the varied expectations and different regional requirements of customers and markets across the world. Our Zaheerabad facility which has always received tremendous support from the Government of Telangana is very well equipped to meet this challenge and we hope to substantially improve employment opportunities through this project".
Established in 2012, Zaheerabad is Mahindra's youngest and largest tractor manufacturing plant in terms of capacity. The facility also manufactures the company's next-generation range of Yuvo and Jivo tractors, including the recently launched Plus Series of tractors. Currently, Mahindra is the only tractor manufacturer in the state of Telangana and has invested close to Rs 1,087 crores at its facility in Zaheerabad.
The Zaheerabad plant is technologically advanced, with the flexibility to roll-out over 330 different tractor variants ranging from 30bhp to 100bhp. The Farm Equipment manufacturing unit employs over 1,500 workers, with a capacity of over 1,00,000 tractors per year on a 2-shift basis.
Thoughts About The New Series Of Tractor By Mahindra
Since the company has invested heavily in the tractor business, the plant is equipped with top-notch equipment that will make a variety of tractors. Also, the tractors that will be coming out of the plant will be reliable and the K2 series will also aim to create a light-weight tractor program.