- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Mahindra Marazzo is expected to receive a new 1.5-litre petrol engine soon in India. The company is expected to introduce a 1.5-litre BS6-compliant petrol engine that will likely be derived from the SsangYong Korando.
Mahindra had showcased the upcoming BS6 powertrain at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its debut in its vehicles including the upcoming engine. The new 1.5-litre ‘G15' turbo petrol engine is expected to make its India debut in the Marazzo MPV.
According to Gaadiwaadi, The 1.5-litre petrol engine is expected to produce 162bhp and 280 Nm of torque. The engine is likely to come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional automatic transmission offered at a later date. The new engine options will target a wider audience looking for a petrol powertrain in an MPV.
Once the engine makes its debut in the Marazzo, it is also expected to power a host of models including the upcoming SUVs and MPVs from both Ford and Mahindra. As mentioned before, the engine is already being offered in the international markets powering the SsangYong Korando SUV.
The Mahindra Marazzo is yet to receive a BS6 update from the company. The BS6-compliant models are expected to go on sales soon in the Indian market. However, whether the turbo-petrol engine will be offered at the time of the BS6 model launch is yet to be known.
The Marazzo MPV was launched two years ago with and was offered with a single 1.5-litre diesel engine option ever since. The 1.5-litre BS4 complaint engine produced a maximum power of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine came mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox and no optional automatic offered from the time of launch. We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same when updated to BS6 standards.
The Marazzo was offered in either an eight-seat or a seven-seat configuration, with captain chairs in the middle row. We expect the seating configuration and other features to remain the same on its BS6 model, however, there could be some reshuffling in the features with respect to trim level.
The BS4 Marazzo MPV models retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh, while the top-spec variant was priced at Rs 14.76 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). Mahindra is expected to increase the prices of the Marazzo BS6 models owing to all the changes made to the MPV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo To Feature New 1.5-Litre Petrol Engine Derived From SsangYong Korando
The Mahindra Marazzo is a capable MPV that features a good amount of space inside. The turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular after the BS6 emission norms came into effect. Having another engine options in the Marazzo MPV will appeal to a wider audience that could result in increased sales.