- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 16 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
The Mahindra Marazzo is expected to receive a new 1.5-litre petrol engine soon in India. The company is expected to introduce a 1.5-litre BS6-compliant petrol engine that will likely be derived from the SsangYong Korando.
Mahindra had showcased the upcoming BS6 powertrain at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its debut in its vehicles including the upcoming engine. The new 1.5-litre ‘G15' turbo petrol engine is expected to make its India debut in the Marazzo MPV.
According to Gaadiwaadi, The 1.5-litre petrol engine is expected to produce 162bhp and 280 Nm of torque. The engine is likely to come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional automatic transmission offered at a later date. The new engine options will target a wider audience looking for a petrol powertrain in an MPV.
Once the engine makes its debut in the Marazzo, it is also expected to power a host of models including the upcoming SUVs and MPVs from both Ford and Mahindra. As mentioned before, the engine is already being offered in the international markets powering the SsangYong Korando SUV.
The Mahindra Marazzo is yet to receive a BS6 update from the company. The BS6-compliant models are expected to go on sales soon in the Indian market. However, whether the turbo-petrol engine will be offered at the time of the BS6 model launch is yet to be known.
The Marazzo MPV was launched two years ago with and was offered with a single 1.5-litre diesel engine option ever since. The 1.5-litre BS4 complaint engine produced a maximum power of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine came mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox and no optional automatic offered from the time of launch. We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same when updated to BS6 standards.
The Marazzo was offered in either an eight-seat or a seven-seat configuration, with captain chairs in the middle row. We expect the seating configuration and other features to remain the same on its BS6 model, however, there could be some reshuffling in the features with respect to trim level.
The BS4 Marazzo MPV models retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh, while the top-spec variant was priced at Rs 14.76 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). Mahindra is expected to increase the prices of the Marazzo BS6 models owing to all the changes made to the MPV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo To Feature New 1.5-Litre Petrol Engine Derived From SsangYong Korando
The Mahindra Marazzo is a capable MPV that features a good amount of space inside. The turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular after the BS6 emission norms came into effect. Having another engine options in the Marazzo MPV will appeal to a wider audience that could result in increased sales.