- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- Sports BCCI honours Sunil Gavaskar on 50th anniversary of his iconic Test debut against WI; Tendulkar hails his idol
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Mahindra Logistics Limited (MLL), one of country's largest 3PL solutions providers has launched HOPE — Helping Our People during Emergencies, an initiative to support drivers with financial aid during the Covid-19 lock down.
The company has partnered with Samhita Social Ventures - a social enterprise, and with SuperMoney — a financial lending tech platform to reach out to beneficiaries within their ecosystem. This move will create an environment funnel Corporate Social Responsibility dedicated funds towards economic support and recovery of workers.
The national lock down announced by the India Government, and a subsequent closure of State Borders has had a massive impact on a large number of drivers ferrying goods between the states, cross-country truckers, and in-city cab drivers.
As a part of the initiative, Mahindra Logistics will provide immediate relief by transferring Rs 3,000 to every driver's bank account. This will be followed by other support services like health insurance cover, government schemes, and loan guaranteeing models.
Mr Rampraveen Swaminathan, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mahindra Logistics Limited said, "With over 30% of commercial vehicles stranded on roads across the country, drivers need urgent support. Truck drivers and their families are in immediate need of cash for food and other basic facilities."
"We have launched several programs to support the driver community along with our business partners. Through this initiative, of short term financial relief and hope we aim to help these drivers and their families until the situation in the country is restored," he added.
Ms Priya Naik, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Samhita Social Ventures said, "Through our India Workers' Alliance, we are delighted to partner with Mahindra Logistics, to support India's blue collar and gig economy workers whose lives and livelihoods have been severely impacted."
"Our single objective is to help them survive this crisis and enable them to get back on their feet. We talk to our workers and experts constantly to ensure that our solutions are quick, effective and responsive to changing needs on the ground," she added.
Thoughts About Mahindra Logistics Limited's HOPE Initiative
The Mahindra Group seems to be leaving no stone unturned in this fight with Covid-19. Financially supporting the driver ecosystem is a big thing, considering most of the country's truckers and other in-city drivers are either stranded or are short of incomes to sustain livelihoods. Thank you Mahindra!