- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra Logistics Limited (MLL), one of country's largest 3PL solutions providers has launched HOPE — Helping Our People during Emergencies, an initiative to support drivers with financial aid during the Covid-19 lock down.
The company has partnered with Samhita Social Ventures - a social enterprise, and with SuperMoney — a financial lending tech platform to reach out to beneficiaries within their ecosystem. This move will create an environment funnel Corporate Social Responsibility dedicated funds towards economic support and recovery of workers.
The national lock down announced by the India Government, and a subsequent closure of State Borders has had a massive impact on a large number of drivers ferrying goods between the states, cross-country truckers, and in-city cab drivers.
As a part of the initiative, Mahindra Logistics will provide immediate relief by transferring Rs 3,000 to every driver's bank account. This will be followed by other support services like health insurance cover, government schemes, and loan guaranteeing models.
Mr Rampraveen Swaminathan, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mahindra Logistics Limited said, "With over 30% of commercial vehicles stranded on roads across the country, drivers need urgent support. Truck drivers and their families are in immediate need of cash for food and other basic facilities."
"We have launched several programs to support the driver community along with our business partners. Through this initiative, of short term financial relief and hope we aim to help these drivers and their families until the situation in the country is restored," he added.
Ms Priya Naik, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Samhita Social Ventures said, "Through our India Workers' Alliance, we are delighted to partner with Mahindra Logistics, to support India's blue collar and gig economy workers whose lives and livelihoods have been severely impacted."
"Our single objective is to help them survive this crisis and enable them to get back on their feet. We talk to our workers and experts constantly to ensure that our solutions are quick, effective and responsive to changing needs on the ground," she added.
Thoughts About Mahindra Logistics Limited's HOPE Initiative
The Mahindra Group seems to be leaving no stone unturned in this fight with Covid-19. Financially supporting the driver ecosystem is a big thing, considering most of the country's truckers and other in-city drivers are either stranded or are short of incomes to sustain livelihoods. Thank you Mahindra!