- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mumbai based auto manufacturer, Mahindra, has begun assembly and distribution of face shields for medical personnel involved in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company has supplied 80,000 face shields as is, and is in the process of producing more at its Pithampur facility. The effort was emphasized by Dr Pawan Goenka, the Managing Director at Mahindra & Mahindra via his official Twitter handle.
The Managing Director also highlighted that the face shields were welcomed and appreciated by the medical community across the country.
Dr Goenka also stated that the company was working on its next offering — an Aerosol Box that will help protect medical personnel from the highly contagious virus. The new Aerosol Box has been designed at Mahindra facility in North America, and that production has begun at its Nashik facility.
The Aerosol Box can be assembled in under a minute, and can be assembled anywhere. The box is leak proof, and is designed to protect doctors, nurses and other medical personnel from the cough droplets.
In related news, the company has been manufacturing ventilators — equipment that is critical in saving lives of Covid-19 patients. Mahindra is in the process of upgrading the ventilators. The company built a prototype under 48 hours after an announcement by the Group's chief, Anand Mahindra.
Called AIR100, the (AMBU) Artificial Manual Breathing Unit Bag respirator is currently under endurance tests at the company's facility. Mahindra says that the respiratory device is almost production ready.
In related news, the brand is also in the process of producing hand sanitizers. The company has completed testing requirements, and has acquired a production license. Mahindra Agri Chemicals formulated, tested, and acquired necessary licenses in record time.
The company also offers a free-of-cost emergency cab service in Hyderabad. Under its logistics division called Alyte, the cab services are for those infected by the Covid-19 virus. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Mahindra Supplying 80,000 Face Shields To Medical Personnel
Mahindra is fighting the battle at a different front by equipping medical personnel with all they need to fight the deadly virus. Manufacturing and deploying 80,000 face shields is commendable. We appreciate that auto manufacturers are bringing more to the table.