- 44 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd. has announced the launch of its global 'MESMA 48' electric vehicle platform, on the occasion of World EV Day. The company is also one of the founding partners of the World EV Day, hosted by Green.TV — dedicated to highlighting the benefits of electric mobility.
Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO of Mahindra Electric Mobility, India.
"Our goal with EVs is to revolutionize first and last-mile transportation globally and take e-mobility to the masses. World EV Day is a great forum for us to discuss the next big ideas for the global markets and we take this opportunity to launch our MESMA 48 platform globally."
The MESMA 48 (Mahindra Electric Scalable Modular Architecture) is said to be a robust platform, with global competitive quality standards while also being cost-effective at the same time. The MESMA 48 platform is extremely scalable and can underpin a wide range of electric vehicles ranging from three-wheelers (Treo) to quadricycles (Atom) to even compact cars (eKUV100).
MESMA is said to be India's first electric architecture designed by Mahindra Electric experts & engineers, all with over a decade's experience in EV technology. The new electric vehicle platform and all its components, apart from the battery cell are manufactured and assembled in India. The MESMA platform can be used for both converting ICE vehicle to electric or building EVs from the ground up.
The scalable architecture can also handle a wide range of powertrain options as well. Electric vehicles under the MESMA platform will be offered with battery voltage systems ranging from 44V to 96V. The drivetrain power figures will vary from 6kW to 40kW while torque ranges from 40Nm to 120Nm. These EVs will also come with transmission systems whose ratios can be altered, depending on the performance requirement.
The MESMA platform is also said to be a one-stop solution, offering all kinds of EV components. This includes drivetrain, battery pack, power electronics and electronic control units. The platform promises to deliver better acceleration than its ICE-powered counterparts. The MESMA 48 platform based EVs will also have a top speed of 8-km/h, making it ideal for both passenger and load-carrying segments.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Electric MESMA 48 EV Platform
The new MESMA platform from Mahindra Electric is the next step towards moving to e-mobility in India. The company isn't new to electric vehicles and already sells a number of them in the Indian market. The platform, however, ensures that all EVs going forward will be of the highest quality and yet be cost-effective.