- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd. has announced the launch of its global 'MESMA 48' electric vehicle platform, on the occasion of World EV Day. The company is also one of the founding partners of the World EV Day, hosted by Green.TV — dedicated to highlighting the benefits of electric mobility.
Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO of Mahindra Electric Mobility, India.
"Our goal with EVs is to revolutionize first and last-mile transportation globally and take e-mobility to the masses. World EV Day is a great forum for us to discuss the next big ideas for the global markets and we take this opportunity to launch our MESMA 48 platform globally."
The MESMA 48 (Mahindra Electric Scalable Modular Architecture) is said to be a robust platform, with global competitive quality standards while also being cost-effective at the same time. The MESMA 48 platform is extremely scalable and can underpin a wide range of electric vehicles ranging from three-wheelers (Treo) to quadricycles (Atom) to even compact cars (eKUV100).
MESMA is said to be India's first electric architecture designed by Mahindra Electric experts & engineers, all with over a decade's experience in EV technology. The new electric vehicle platform and all its components, apart from the battery cell are manufactured and assembled in India. The MESMA platform can be used for both converting ICE vehicle to electric or building EVs from the ground up.
The scalable architecture can also handle a wide range of powertrain options as well. Electric vehicles under the MESMA platform will be offered with battery voltage systems ranging from 44V to 96V. The drivetrain power figures will vary from 6kW to 40kW while torque ranges from 40Nm to 120Nm. These EVs will also come with transmission systems whose ratios can be altered, depending on the performance requirement.
The MESMA platform is also said to be a one-stop solution, offering all kinds of EV components. This includes drivetrain, battery pack, power electronics and electronic control units. The platform promises to deliver better acceleration than its ICE-powered counterparts. The MESMA 48 platform based EVs will also have a top speed of 8-km/h, making it ideal for both passenger and load-carrying segments.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Electric MESMA 48 EV Platform
The new MESMA platform from Mahindra Electric is the next step towards moving to e-mobility in India. The company isn't new to electric vehicles and already sells a number of them in the Indian market. The platform, however, ensures that all EVs going forward will be of the highest quality and yet be cost-effective.