- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 9 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard. In fact, India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The country is facing a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, and coveralls for healthcare professionals who are working on the frontline. Many business entities have come forward to lend a helping hand and Mahindra is one of them.
Mahindra has been very busy in manufacturing essential medical equipment like ventilators, face masks, face shields and Aerosol boxes to help the medical fraternity in their fight against the pandemic. Recently, Mahindra has supplied 75 Aerosol boxes and 15,000 face shields to the Government of Telangana.
The Aerosol Box is made by using a waterjet and is designed by Mahindra's in-house team in Detroit, North America. The box can be assembled in less than a minute and has a leak-proof design that protects the doctors and nurses from the cough droplets of patients.
On this occasion, Telangana's Minister for IT, Industries and Municipal Administration, K T Rama Rao thanked the company for the gesture by tweeting "Thanks to Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd for donating 75 Aerosol boxes and 15K face shields to protect our frontline #COVID19 warriors."
Responding to the tweet, Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group replied, "When we help protect ‘frontline warriors' we are protecting ourselves. No thanks needed. We're all in this together."
Mahindra has also started the assembly of face shields that will help the medical practitioners against the fast spreading infection by a great deal. The shields are being assembled at the company's manufacturing facility in Kandivali, Mumbai. The shield carries a simple design and is sourced from Ford, a Mahindra partner in India. It consists of a headband, a forehead cushion, and a sheet of plastic that would cover the entire face of the medical personnel. More than 1 lakh face shields and masks have already been made by the company.
Thoughts On Mahindra's Contribution To Protect The Nation Amidst COVID-19
It is extremely good to see automobile manufacturers are supporting the government and health institutions to fight the coronavirus pandemic. We are sure that with all the contributions done by everyone, we will be able to put an end to this pandemic.