- 55 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Movies Writer Finds Rare Vintage Pictures And Autographs Of Yesteryear Bollywood Stars In Her Late Aunt’s Album
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard. In fact, India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The country is facing a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, and coveralls for healthcare professionals who are working on the frontline. Many business entities have come forward to lend a helping hand and Mahindra is one of them.
Mahindra has been very busy in manufacturing essential medical equipment like ventilators, face masks, face shields and Aerosol boxes to help the medical fraternity in their fight against the pandemic. Recently, Mahindra has supplied 75 Aerosol boxes and 15,000 face shields to the Government of Telangana.
The Aerosol Box is made by using a waterjet and is designed by Mahindra's in-house team in Detroit, North America. The box can be assembled in less than a minute and has a leak-proof design that protects the doctors and nurses from the cough droplets of patients.
On this occasion, Telangana's Minister for IT, Industries and Municipal Administration, K T Rama Rao thanked the company for the gesture by tweeting "Thanks to Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd for donating 75 Aerosol boxes and 15K face shields to protect our frontline #COVID19 warriors."
Responding to the tweet, Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group replied, "When we help protect ‘frontline warriors' we are protecting ourselves. No thanks needed. We're all in this together."
Mahindra has also started the assembly of face shields that will help the medical practitioners against the fast spreading infection by a great deal. The shields are being assembled at the company's manufacturing facility in Kandivali, Mumbai. The shield carries a simple design and is sourced from Ford, a Mahindra partner in India. It consists of a headband, a forehead cushion, and a sheet of plastic that would cover the entire face of the medical personnel. More than 1 lakh face shields and masks have already been made by the company.
Thoughts On Mahindra's Contribution To Protect The Nation Amidst COVID-19
It is extremely good to see automobile manufacturers are supporting the government and health institutions to fight the coronavirus pandemic. We are sure that with all the contributions done by everyone, we will be able to put an end to this pandemic.