- 5 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 10 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- News ‘Opinion can change’: CJI Bobde amid row over members of SC-appointed farm panel
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Mahindra Electric will be launching a new quadricycle called the Atom in the Indian market. The company had first showcased the upcoming quadricycle at the 2020 Auto Expo, where it gained a good amount of attention.
Ahead of its launch, the Mahindra Atom quadricycle has been spied revealing few of the features and details. The latest set of spy images from Motorbeam reveals a completely camouflaged test mule.
Based on the spy images, the test mule seems to be a near-production-ready model of the upcoming Atom quadricycle in the country. The test mule spied features a spare wheel mounted inside the cabin. It also features steel wheels as opposed to the alloy wheels on the model showcased at the Expo.
The spy images also reveal the interiors of the production-ready model. The test mule features a basic interior layout and could be of a base-spec variant. It continues to feature air-con vents, a flat-bottom type steering wheel, a rotatory gear dial placed on the dashboard along with a 12-volt socket, and a round-shaped instrument console; among others.
However, the test mule seems to be missing the large touchscreen display that was fitted to the prototype model showcased at the Auto Expo. The screen is aimed towards rear-passenger entertainment. It could be fitted as an add-on accessory to the electric quadricycle at the time of launch.
The Mahindra Atom is looking to cater to the growing demand for electric vehicles in the country. It will serve as an alternative to the existing three-wheelers, offering enhanced safety, weather protection at similar running costs.
The Mahindra Atom will be assembled at the company's plant in Bengaluru, where all the low voltage models in the brand's line-up are produced. Although the company did not reveal the exact specifications of the Atom at the time of unveiling, we expect it to produce a power output of less than 15kW with an electronically-limited top speed of 70kmph.
Once launched, the Atom Electric will rival the only other upcoming Bajaj Qute electric quadricycle in the Indian market. The Atom was expected to go on sale in the third quarter of this year. However, the launch has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Atom Production-Ready Quadricycle Spotted Ahead Of India Launch
The Mahindra Atom electric quadricycle will cater to the growing number of ride-hailing services in the country. It will be serving as an alternative to the conventional three-wheelers available in the country because of its enhanced safety and weather protection. The Mahindra Atom will rival the upcoming Bajaj Qute electric, which is also expected to arrive next year.