- 30 min ago Hyundai Alcazar Interiors Spied For The First Time Ahead Of Global Unveil: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Runner-Up Rahul Vaidya And His Ladylove Disha Parmar Step Out For A Dinner Date
- Finance HDFC Banks Third Most Valued Company With M-Cap Of Over Rs. 9 Tn
- Sports Champions League analysis: Depleted Real Madrid prevail over Atalanta
- Lifestyle On Urvashi Rautela’s Birthday, 4 Best Wedding Perfect Hairstyles From Her Instagram
- News Toolkit: Shantanu Muluk gets protection from arrest until March 9
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro, X3 Neo, X3 Lite Price Tipped Ahead Of Launch
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Declared, Download Mark Sheet At icsi.edu
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Mahindra Atom electric-quadricycle launch has been delayed in the country due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown announced in India. Initially, the quadricycle was scheduled for launch this year.
In an interview with carandbike, Veejay Ram Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division Mahindra, stated that the launch of their electric model has been delayed due to the current situation. The testing, validation and supply of components needed for the electric vehicles have been affected due to the pandemic, and as a result, there will be some delays in the electric vehicle launches.
Mahindra unveiled the Atom at the 2020 Auto Expo, and the quad was used to ferry visitors inside the mart's premises as well. It was expected to go on sale in the third-quarter of this year, however like many other plans, even this launch has been pushed ahead.
The prototype-model of Atom electric at the Expo featured a mobile phone holder, air-con vents, seating for three occupants including the driver, wind-up roller handles for windows, and interestingly a flat-bottom steering wheel as well. Also, it featured a large touchscreen for rear passenger entertainment.
The Mahindra Atom will be assembled at the company's plant in Bengaluru, where all the low voltage models in the brand's line-up are produced. Although the company did not reveal the exact specifications of the Atom at the time of unveil, we expect it to produce a power output of less than 15kW with an electronically-limited top-speed of 70 kmph. Once launched, the Atom Electric will rival the only other upcoming Bajaj Qute electric quadricycle in the Indian market.
Mahindra has so far invested Rs 150 crore in quadricycles and Rs 250 crore in a new assembly line at its Bengaluru facility. The company also has plans of investing Rs 500 crore towards its R&D center which is also based in Bengaluru.
In related news, the Launch of eKUV100 and the eXUV100 has also been delayed due to the same reason. Alongside the Atom, the company showcased both electric vehicles at 2020 Auto Expo. The Mahindra eKUV100 was launched in India with a starting price of Rs 8.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi), which deemed it the most-affordable electric SUV sold in the Indian market — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Atom Quadricycle India Launch Delayed To Next Year
India is gradually making the shift to greener mobility especially in urban areas for last mile connectivity. The Mahindra Atom when launched is expected to be primarily aimed at ferrying passengers around the city, and to help reduce pollution. However, we will have to wait a bit longer to see the electric-quadricycle plying on roads as most product launches have been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.