- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Technology Amazon Upto 70% Off On Boat Headphones, Speakers, Home Theaters And More
- Movies Splitsvilla 13: Ace Of Space Fame Nikita Bhamidipati Confirmed As One Of The Contestants
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Finance Route Mobile Up 100% Since Listing As FPIs Up Stake
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mahindra Alturas G4 premium SUV could be discontinued next year. According to the reports from TeamBHP, the company could discontinue its premium SUV model next year in the Indian market.
The Alturas G4 is essentially a rebadged version of the 2nd generation Ssangyong Rexton, which is being assembled in India. The Alturas G4 is brought to the country via the CKD route, which is then assembled in the company plant in the country.
However, the CKD exchange is expected to come to a complete halt as both brands have parted ways for the partnership. Mahindra and Ssangyong partnership will come to end internationally due to various reasons.
The report also reveals that Mahindra could have enough assembly kits to produce 500 more examples of the Alturas G4. After the final model assembly, the company is expected not to import any more kits from Ssangyong.
Mahindra launched the updated Alturas G4 in the Indian market earlier this year. Prices for the new Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 starts from Rs 28.69 lakh. The SUV is offered in two variants and the top-spec trim (4X4 AT) retails at Rs 31.69 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine. It produces 180bhp and 420Nm of peak torque and is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission unit; sourced from Mercedes-Benz. The power is sent to either the front wheels (2WD) or all four wheels (4WD), depending on the variant.
Apart from the BS6 engine update, no other changes have been made to the Alturas G4 SUV. The Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 borrows all of its equipment luxury and comfort features from its BS4 counterpart.
Features that are specific to the top-spec trim includes, HID headlamps, LED fog lamps with cornering lights, easy access mode, ambient mood lighting, powered seats with memory function, a sunroof with anti-pinch, 360-degree camera, and nine airbags; among others.
Some of the other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plush Nappa leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, dual-zone climate control, heated ORVMs, cruise control, six-speaker premium audio system and more.
Safety features on the Alturas G4 include ABS with EBD, hill-hold assist, hill-descent control, high-speed alert, seatbelt reminder, traction control, electronic stability control, roll-over mitigation, ISOFIX mounts, (ESP) Electronic Stability Program and (BAS) Brake Assist System.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Alturas G4 Getting Discontinued In India
Mahindra penetrated the premium SUV segment by launching the Alturas G4 in the Indian market. When launched, the Mahindra Alturas G4 took on the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in the market. Initially, the Mahindra Alturas G4 had a good response, which soon faded away due to its updated rivals.