- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 7 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 8 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra has announced the launch of the BS6 variant of its flagship Alfa 3-wheeler brand in the Indian market. The Alfa series is available in a couple of variants and caters to various applications.
The company is yet to announce the prices for the BS6 three-wheelers. The Alfa is offered in a range of passenger & cargo variants with 4 offerings catering to varied customer segments. According to Mahindra, the Alfa brand is known to be the most fuel-efficient in its category.
The BS6 Alfa line-up has received significant upgrades from the company over its BS4 counterparts. The new engine now features 37 per cent higher displacement, 16 per cent higher power and 12 per cent higher torque over its BS4 version. The company also claims that the new engine features improved pickup and better-pulling power on slopes.
The new Alfa three-wheeler range is powered by a water-cooled, single-cylinder 597.7cc diesel engine. The engine produces a maximum of 9.3bhp at 3600rpm and a peak torque of 23.5 Nm between 2,200rpm and 2,400rpm. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The Alfa passenger and load variant feature an ARAI rated mileage of 28.9 km/l and 29.4 km/l, respectively. Further, the long wheelbase and high ground clearance, strong sheet metal body reflect the core Mahindra DNA of being rugged and strong and offer smooth drive on rough roads with ease.
According to Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. "We are happy to launch our flagship 3-wheeler Alfa in BS6 variant with best in class fuel efficiency, higher power, torque & driveability, which provide better operating economics and comfort to the end-users."
Mr Nakra further added, "There has been some delay in launching our BS6 range of 3 wheelers, given the supply chain disruptions due to Covid-19. With all of that behind us and the onset of the festive season, we see good demand in both load and passenger segments and we are gearing up our production accordingly to meet this demand. With these launches, we are confident to regain our spot amongst the top 3 players in the 3-wheeler segment."
Mahindra has also announced that it has extensively tested the new powertrain of the Alfa BS6 models. The company has tested the BS6 engine on and off-field, clocking over 4 lakh kilometres.
Additionally, Mahindra also aims to enrich the lives of its three-wheeler customers through Uday Program. The programme offers benefits such as accidental death insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh, child education scholarship and referral benefits on service; among others.
Mahindra Alfa comes with 2 variants each in Passenger and Load segments. In the passenger segment, Alfa Dx is the base variant and Alfa Comfy has added benefits such as car-like suspension and wider sofa type comfortable seats.
On the other hand, the load segment has two variants: Alfa Load and Alfa Plus with variable loading bay dimension and payload capacity. The entry-level model deck length is 5.2ft long and features a payload capacity of 470Kg. The top-spec variant's deck length and payload capacity are rated at 5.7 ft and 520Kg, respectively.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Alfa BS6 Models Introduced In India
The BS6 Alfa series features a substantial improvement with the powertrain used over the BS4 models. However, it retails features such as push-button start and mobile charging points in BS6 models of the three-wheelers. The Alfa vehicle line-up is present in the (LCV) Light Commercial Vehicle segment for over 15 years in the country.