- 53 min ago Tata Altroz Diesel Model Prices Slashed Across Select Variants: New Price List
- 3 hrs ago First 2020 Mahindra Thar Off-Road SUV To Be Auctioned For Charity: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo First Drive Review: The New Pocket Rocket In Town?
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet Deliveries Commence For First Batch Customers Across India
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: From Gowns To Lehengas To Sarees, Dolly J’s Gulenaar Collection Is For Confident Brides
- Movies Drishyam 2 Goes On Floors In Kochi; Mohanlal Shares Glimpses From Puja Ceremony
- Sports India tour of Australia: Langer says hosts may not tinker much with squad for Test series
- Finance 800 Points Plunge For Sensex On Banking Allegations, Covid-19 Issues
- News Opposition parties seek meeting with President, urge him not to sign farm bills
- Technology Realme Narzo 20, Narzo 20A, Narzo 20 Pro Launched In India; Features, Price
- Education NLAT 2020 Cancelled And Admission Through CLAT Exam: Supreme Court
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 was recently concluded in Bangalore. The off-road challenge was held for two days, between February 22 and 23. The fifth edition of the Club Challenge saw a total of 15 off-road clubs across the country pitted against each other to win the "Best-Off Road Club" trophy, and prize money of Rs 5 lakh.
The two-day event saw the clubs tackling six different courses using three SUVs: a Stock, Modified, and Pro-modified setup. While most events saw all the SUVs of the team competing together to complete the course, there were some individual events as well. A total of 90 participants took part in this year's challenge.
There were three courses on day one: ‘Pass the Baton', ‘Hand of God', and ‘Single Log Challenge'. The Single Log Challenge was participated by the ‘Stock' setup SUVs. While the hand of God was participated by the ‘Modified' and the ‘Pro-modified' setup SUVs of the clubs. For ‘Pass the Baton' challenge all three SUVs Stock, Modified, and Pro-modified were used to take part and complete the course.
On the first day, competitors had to tackle all the obstacle courses in the night, which made it that much more difficult. At the end of day one, ‘Pass the Baton' relay race proved to be the toughest among the three courses that were laid out. Clubs competing in the course had to have great coordination among them just to complete the relay race.
Many teams managed to complete the obstacle course of day one, however, some could not make it to the end. The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 also saw media teams competing against each other to take on the challenge including DriveSpark. The participants in the Media category had to take on the Single Log Challenge and finish the course in under eight minutes.
On the second day of the Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020, there were three new obstacle courses laid out by the organizers. A 200-meter ‘Drag Race', ‘Tug Of War' and the famous ‘Demolition Derby'. The 200-meter Drag Race saw participants competing with the Pro-modified setup SUVs. While, the 'Tug Of War' saw both Modified and Pro-modified SUVs lined-up next to each other.
However, the Demolition Derby proved to be the toughest challenge among the three and overall as well. Here, the teams hopped into their Pro-modified Mahindra SUVs and went up on a trailer, and some smashed cars to collect all the flags under 12 minutes. The course started with a Pro-modified SUV going up the ramp and the Modified Mahindra SUVs were on standby for winching in. ‘Demolition Derby' offered a server challenge to both man and machine. While some made it to the other side, rest had to be lifted off the course.
The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 concluded with ‘Waynad Jeepers' becoming "Best-Off Road Club" and took home the grand prize of Rs 5 lakh. The first runner up was ‘Bangalore Off-Road Driver's Association' (BODA) who won a prize amount of Rs. 3 lakh, while ‘R&T Off-Road Club', grabbed the second runner up title, taking home prize money of Rs. 2 lakh. Yours truly, DriveSpark was victorious in the Media Category, and competed against other media houses present at the event.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020
The Club Challenge is a great initiative by Mahindra Adventure. Mahindra is offering a one-of-kind post-sale experience to its customers by organizing such events and showcasing what their machines are capable of. The Club Challenge also offers a platform for enthusiasts to take part and experience the difficult off-road courses as well. But, most of all having such an extreme off-roading event in Bangalore proved to be the best. Kudos to the team!