- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 was recently concluded in Bangalore. The off-road challenge was held for two days, between February 22 and 23. The fifth edition of the Club Challenge saw a total of 15 off-road clubs across the country pitted against each other to win the "Best-Off Road Club" trophy, and prize money of Rs 5 lakh.
The two-day event saw the clubs tackling six different courses using three SUVs: a Stock, Modified, and Pro-modified setup. While most events saw all the SUVs of the team competing together to complete the course, there were some individual events as well. A total of 90 participants took part in this year's challenge.
There were three courses on day one: ‘Pass the Baton', ‘Hand of God', and ‘Single Log Challenge'. The Single Log Challenge was participated by the ‘Stock' setup SUVs. While the hand of God was participated by the ‘Modified' and the ‘Pro-modified' setup SUVs of the clubs. For ‘Pass the Baton' challenge all three SUVs Stock, Modified, and Pro-modified were used to take part and complete the course.
On the first day, competitors had to tackle all the obstacle courses in the night, which made it that much more difficult. At the end of day one, ‘Pass the Baton' relay race proved to be the toughest among the three courses that were laid out. Clubs competing in the course had to have great coordination among them just to complete the relay race.
Many teams managed to complete the obstacle course of day one, however, some could not make it to the end. The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 also saw media teams competing against each other to take on the challenge including DriveSpark. The participants in the Media category had to take on the Single Log Challenge and finish the course in under eight minutes.
On the second day of the Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020, there were three new obstacle courses laid out by the organizers. A 200-meter ‘Drag Race', ‘Tug Of War' and the famous ‘Demolition Derby'. The 200-meter Drag Race saw participants competing with the Pro-modified setup SUVs. While, the 'Tug Of War' saw both Modified and Pro-modified SUVs lined-up next to each other.
However, the Demolition Derby proved to be the toughest challenge among the three and overall as well. Here, the teams hopped into their Pro-modified Mahindra SUVs and went up on a trailer, and some smashed cars to collect all the flags under 12 minutes. The course started with a Pro-modified SUV going up the ramp and the Modified Mahindra SUVs were on standby for winching in. ‘Demolition Derby' offered a server challenge to both man and machine. While some made it to the other side, rest had to be lifted off the course.
The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020 concluded with ‘Waynad Jeepers' becoming "Best-Off Road Club" and took home the grand prize of Rs 5 lakh. The first runner up was ‘Bangalore Off-Road Driver's Association' (BODA) who won a prize amount of Rs. 3 lakh, while ‘R&T Off-Road Club', grabbed the second runner up title, taking home prize money of Rs. 2 lakh. Yours truly, DriveSpark was victorious in the Media Category, and competed against other media houses present at the event.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Adventure Club Challenge 2020
The Club Challenge is a great initiative by Mahindra Adventure. Mahindra is offering a one-of-kind post-sale experience to its customers by organizing such events and showcasing what their machines are capable of. The Club Challenge also offers a platform for enthusiasts to take part and experience the difficult off-road courses as well. But, most of all having such an extreme off-roading event in Bangalore proved to be the best. Kudos to the team!