- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Lexus entered the Indian market back in 2017. At that time the company was importing its cars, but it finally started CKD (completely knocked-down) operations at Toyota Kirloskar Motor's (TKM) Bidadi plant in Karnataka earlier this year.
The company launched its first locally assembled product - the ES 300h - on January 31. Since it is being locally assembled here, the cost of production has gone down slightly. The luxury sedan, which was earlier available at Rs 59.95 lakh and in only one trim, is now offered in two trim levels with prices starting at Rs 51.90 - 56.95 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the made in India ES 300h sticks to global specifications. The sedan is continued to be powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an electric motor for a combined system output of 217bhp of power. However, the carmaker claims to have used the opportunity of assembling the model here to tweak the suspension setup so that it performs better on the Indian road.
In other recent auto news, the Skoda Vision IN will feature two turbo-petrol engine options when it is launched in our country. The upcoming SUV's concept was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and the SUV will be launched under the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
The engine options on the Skoda Vision IN are the 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engines. the 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine which also powers the Skoda Rapid sedan produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine which currently powers the Skoda KAroq SUV in the brand's line-up is expected to churn out 150bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Made In India Lexus ES 300h
Well, as the ES 300h will now be manufactured in India, it will be cheaper than before and will gain a lot of traction. The ES 300h will lock horns with the Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, and the Jaguar XF.