- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Good Luck Jerry’s Shoot Disrupted By Protestors In Patiala
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Lexus entered the Indian market back in 2017. At that time the company was importing its cars, but it finally started CKD (completely knocked-down) operations at Toyota Kirloskar Motor's (TKM) Bidadi plant in Karnataka earlier this year.
The company launched its first locally assembled product - the ES 300h - on January 31. Since it is being locally assembled here, the cost of production has gone down slightly. The luxury sedan, which was earlier available at Rs 59.95 lakh and in only one trim, is now offered in two trim levels with prices starting at Rs 51.90 - 56.95 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the made in India ES 300h sticks to global specifications. The sedan is continued to be powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an electric motor for a combined system output of 217bhp of power. However, the carmaker claims to have used the opportunity of assembling the model here to tweak the suspension setup so that it performs better on the Indian road.
In other recent auto news, the Skoda Vision IN will feature two turbo-petrol engine options when it is launched in our country. The upcoming SUV's concept was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and the SUV will be launched under the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
The engine options on the Skoda Vision IN are the 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engines. the 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine which also powers the Skoda Rapid sedan produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine which currently powers the Skoda KAroq SUV in the brand's line-up is expected to churn out 150bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Made In India Lexus ES 300h
Well, as the ES 300h will now be manufactured in India, it will be cheaper than before and will gain a lot of traction. The ES 300h will lock horns with the Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, and the Jaguar XF.