- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News ‘For development of new India, entire nation needs to progress’: PM Modi to BJP workers
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
United Kingdom based auto manufacturer, Land Rover has unveiled new engines for its Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models. The unveil includes new 3.0-litre straight-six Ingenium diesel engines, and special editions models including the Westminster, the Westminster Black Edition and an exclusive SV Autobiography Dynamic Black model.
The new-generation straight-six Ingenium diesel engines feature 48V Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle technology that helps reduce fuel consumption. The engine has been developed in-house.
Land Rover says that the new diesel engines are more refined than previous-generation ones and meet global emission regulations that include Real Driving Emission Step 2 (RDE2) that control nitrogen-oxide emission. The new development makes the new Range Rover among the first full-size SUVs in the world to feature RDE2 certified diesel engines.
The all new mild-hybrid 3.0-litre D300 Ingenium diesel achieves up to 33.0mpg (8.6l/100km) on the WLTP test cycle, with emission readings as little as 225g/km CO2.
The D350 engine achieves up to 30.8mpg (9.2l/100km) with CO2 emissions readings of up to 241g/km on the WLTP cycle, essentially offering superior performance.
The brand's P400e is by far the most efficient Range Rover. It combines a 296bhp four-cylinderIngenium petrol engine with a 105kW electric motor that produces 141bhp.
Powered by a 13.1kWh Lithium-ion battery, the engine offers a full-electric range of 40km, the P400e's CO2 emission readings stand at 75g/km, and fuel economy readings stand at 3.3-litres/ 100km on the WLTP combine cycle.
The brand offers a standard Mode 3 charging cable that allows for the battery on the P400e to fully charge in under three hours, as compared to the almost eight hours while using the Mode 2 cable.
Land Rover has also unveiled special edition models that include the Westminster, the Westminster Black Edition and an exclusive SV Autobiography Dynamic Black.
The Westminster Edition is based on the company's Vogue model and is available with a choice of petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid electric motors.
The Westminster Black Edition adds the Black Exterior Pack, and arrives with options from three wheels including a 21-inch nine-spoke, and a 22-inch Gloss Black nine split-spoke design.
The vehicles feature the latest safety technologies including lane departure warning, emergency braking, and cruise control with a speed limiter - all offered as standard across the range.
Land Rover also offers a number of comfort enhancing features that include a Cabin Air Ionisation with PM2.5 from Nanoe that filters harmful particles within the cabin thereby improving the air quality for occupants.
The PM2.5 system is controlled using a 'Purify' button built into the infotainment system. The system initiates recirculation functions, and cleans the air inside the cabining by removing particles smaller than 2.5 microns that are harmful.
Thoughts About The New Engines And Special Edition Models Unveiled by Land Rover
Land Rover has always been at the forefront of SUV technology and seems to have outdone themselves. The new engines will definitely offer a fantastic and smooth drive while offering maximum fuel efficiency. In addition, the new cabin air ionisation system will keep occupants healthier.