- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
United Kingdom based auto manufacturer, Land Rover has unveiled new engines for its Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models. The unveil includes new 3.0-litre straight-six Ingenium diesel engines, and special editions models including the Westminster, the Westminster Black Edition and an exclusive SV Autobiography Dynamic Black model.
The new-generation straight-six Ingenium diesel engines feature 48V Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle technology that helps reduce fuel consumption. The engine has been developed in-house.
Land Rover says that the new diesel engines are more refined than previous-generation ones and meet global emission regulations that include Real Driving Emission Step 2 (RDE2) that control nitrogen-oxide emission. The new development makes the new Range Rover among the first full-size SUVs in the world to feature RDE2 certified diesel engines.
The all new mild-hybrid 3.0-litre D300 Ingenium diesel achieves up to 33.0mpg (8.6l/100km) on the WLTP test cycle, with emission readings as little as 225g/km CO2.
The D350 engine achieves up to 30.8mpg (9.2l/100km) with CO2 emissions readings of up to 241g/km on the WLTP cycle, essentially offering superior performance.
The brand's P400e is by far the most efficient Range Rover. It combines a 296bhp four-cylinderIngenium petrol engine with a 105kW electric motor that produces 141bhp.
Powered by a 13.1kWh Lithium-ion battery, the engine offers a full-electric range of 40km, the P400e's CO2 emission readings stand at 75g/km, and fuel economy readings stand at 3.3-litres/ 100km on the WLTP combine cycle.
The brand offers a standard Mode 3 charging cable that allows for the battery on the P400e to fully charge in under three hours, as compared to the almost eight hours while using the Mode 2 cable.
Land Rover has also unveiled special edition models that include the Westminster, the Westminster Black Edition and an exclusive SV Autobiography Dynamic Black.
The Westminster Edition is based on the company's Vogue model and is available with a choice of petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid electric motors.
The Westminster Black Edition adds the Black Exterior Pack, and arrives with options from three wheels including a 21-inch nine-spoke, and a 22-inch Gloss Black nine split-spoke design.
The vehicles feature the latest safety technologies including lane departure warning, emergency braking, and cruise control with a speed limiter - all offered as standard across the range.
Land Rover also offers a number of comfort enhancing features that include a Cabin Air Ionisation with PM2.5 from Nanoe that filters harmful particles within the cabin thereby improving the air quality for occupants.
The PM2.5 system is controlled using a 'Purify' button built into the infotainment system. The system initiates recirculation functions, and cleans the air inside the cabining by removing particles smaller than 2.5 microns that are harmful.
Thoughts About The New Engines And Special Edition Models Unveiled by Land Rover
Land Rover has always been at the forefront of SUV technology and seems to have outdone themselves. The new engines will definitely offer a fantastic and smooth drive while offering maximum fuel efficiency. In addition, the new cabin air ionisation system will keep occupants healthier.