- 6 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 8 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Serena holds off Venus in hard-fought Top Seed Open clash
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Land Rover India announced that it has begun deliveries of BS6-compliant Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport model in the Indian market. Both the premium luxury SUVs were launched in the country before the nation-wide lockdown due to pandemic came into effect.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport BS6 model retail at a starting price of Rs 59.99 lakh for the S model and Rs 63.32 lakh for the R-Dynamic SE. While the Range Rover Evoque BS6 model starts at Rs 57.99 lakh for the base trim and Rs 61.94 lakh for the top-spec variant. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Powering both models is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine supported by a 48-volt mild-hybrid system from the brand's Ingenium line-up. It produces 245bhp and 365Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a nine-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels.
However, at the time of launch the company was also offering both models with an optional diesel engine, that is now discontinued from the Indian line-up. It was a 2.0-litre four-pot turbo-diesel engine.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said,"The Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport have been tremendously successful in India since their introduction. In their new avatars, both SUVs have quickly captured the imagination and hearts of our customers and fans with their design, technology and luxury. Now with the new BS-VI petrol powertrain, we are happy to provide our customers with enhanced choice."
The company has introduced both SUVs with S and R-Dynamic SE trim levels. Both trims come packed with a host of features. The ‘S' trim comes with heated wing mirrors, a powered tailgate, cruise control, an updated Land Rover's Terrain Response 2 all-wheel-drive system, a panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloys, and a 10-way power-adjustable front seats.
The Range Rover Evoque and the Discovery Sport BS6 models also receive an updated Touch Pro 10-inch infotainment touchscreen system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, the top-spec trims feature a digital instrument cluster, a 14-way power-adjustable front seats and a dual-touchscreens for the infotainment system.
The Discovery Sport and the Evoque rivals the of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, BMW X3 and Audi Q5; among other similarly priced SUVs in the Indian market. The Discovery Sport has an ace up its sleeve by offering a seven-seat configuration, which is not available among segment rivals.
Thoughts About Land Rover Discovery Sport & Range Rover Evoque BS6 Deliveries Commence In India
Land Rover launched both models in the Indian market before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. However, the restrictions have been eased, which allowed automakers to bring in their shipment of vehicles into the country. As a result, the company is now delivering to customers who have been waiting for some time to receive their luxury SUV.