- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Land Rover India announced that it has begun deliveries of BS6-compliant Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport model in the Indian market. Both the premium luxury SUVs were launched in the country before the nation-wide lockdown due to pandemic came into effect.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport BS6 model retail at a starting price of Rs 59.99 lakh for the S model and Rs 63.32 lakh for the R-Dynamic SE. While the Range Rover Evoque BS6 model starts at Rs 57.99 lakh for the base trim and Rs 61.94 lakh for the top-spec variant. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Powering both models is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine supported by a 48-volt mild-hybrid system from the brand's Ingenium line-up. It produces 245bhp and 365Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a nine-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels.
However, at the time of launch the company was also offering both models with an optional diesel engine, that is now discontinued from the Indian line-up. It was a 2.0-litre four-pot turbo-diesel engine.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said,"The Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport have been tremendously successful in India since their introduction. In their new avatars, both SUVs have quickly captured the imagination and hearts of our customers and fans with their design, technology and luxury. Now with the new BS-VI petrol powertrain, we are happy to provide our customers with enhanced choice."
The company has introduced both SUVs with S and R-Dynamic SE trim levels. Both trims come packed with a host of features. The ‘S' trim comes with heated wing mirrors, a powered tailgate, cruise control, an updated Land Rover's Terrain Response 2 all-wheel-drive system, a panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloys, and a 10-way power-adjustable front seats.
The Range Rover Evoque and the Discovery Sport BS6 models also receive an updated Touch Pro 10-inch infotainment touchscreen system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, the top-spec trims feature a digital instrument cluster, a 14-way power-adjustable front seats and a dual-touchscreens for the infotainment system.
The Discovery Sport and the Evoque rivals the of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, BMW X3 and Audi Q5; among other similarly priced SUVs in the Indian market. The Discovery Sport has an ace up its sleeve by offering a seven-seat configuration, which is not available among segment rivals.
Thoughts About Land Rover Discovery Sport & Range Rover Evoque BS6 Deliveries Commence In India
Land Rover launched both models in the Indian market before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. However, the restrictions have been eased, which allowed automakers to bring in their shipment of vehicles into the country. As a result, the company is now delivering to customers who have been waiting for some time to receive their luxury SUV.