- 52 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Two Land Rover Defender 110, which is Land Rover's most capable and durable 4x4, will be participating in the ultimate all-terrain Dakar Rally 2021 as support vehicles. The Defenders will provide on-event support for the team's two drivers, medical crew and support staff across the punishing 13-day, 12-stage, 7,646 kilometre event.
The rally is one of the toughest sporting events in the world and the production-spec models will support ambitious new Dakar Rally and Prodrive-backed team, Bahrain Raid Xtreme (BRX) throughout the 7 646 kilometre race.
Finbar McFall, Jaguar Land Rover Customer Experience Director, said: "Land Rover has a unique Dakar pedigree having won the inaugural event in 1979, and the rally remains the ultimate all-terrain endurance test. While the Defenders won't be competing, they will have a vital role in supporting the team as they navigate their way across thousands of miles of punishing desert terrain. The fact these vehicles are unmodified is testimony to the intrinsic capability and durability of our legendary 4x4, which has undergone the most demanding engineering test and development programme in our history."
The role of support vehicle will see crew members test the Defender's expedition credentials to the extremes. With a maximum payload of up to 900 kg and maximum dynamic roof load of 168 kg, each of the vehicles will be loaded with equipment and supplies, while advanced Terrain Response 2 technology, including world-first Configurable Terrain Response, will allow the drivers to fine-tune the vehicle to suit both their driving preferences and the challenging conditions.
World-leading motorsport experts, Prodrive, are behind BRX and Team Principal, Paul Howorth, said: "The crew need to know our support vehicles will be able to carry all of the necessary kits and be relied upon to get to the next service location, whatever the conditions. New Defender provides a unique combination of all-terrain performance, rugged practicality and comfort - a crucial combination for the unpredictable Dakar conditions and after long days behind the wheel."
Powering the Indus Silver models is the Land Rover's 398bhp, straight-six Ingenium petrol engine, featuring Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle technology. The vehicles are also fitted with the Explorer Pack, which includes an Expedition Roof Rack, Raised Air Intake, Wheel Arch Protection and Exterior Side-Mounted Gear Carrier. In addition, a Deployable Roof Ladder provides easy access to a roof box, which will help BRX carry all the necessary kit.
Thoughts About The New Land Rover Defender Taking Part As The Support Vehicle In The 2021 Dakar
The new Land Rover Defender is an excellent vehicle as far as off-roading is concerned. By putting in one of the most dangerous rallies in the world as a support car, the company will fully get to test the capabilities of the vehicle and we are sure that the Defender will keep up with whatever is thrown in front of it.