- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News CM Kejriwal extends Delhi lockdown till May 17 as cases spike: Know what will be shut
- Sports IPL 2021 Suspended: First lot of Kiwis arrive home, second group expected to land on May 9
- Finance 2 High Rated Small Cap Funds That Gave 1-Year Returns Over 100%
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Two Land Rover Defender 110, which is Land Rover's most capable and durable 4x4, will be participating in the ultimate all-terrain Dakar Rally 2021 as support vehicles. The Defenders will provide on-event support for the team's two drivers, medical crew and support staff across the punishing 13-day, 12-stage, 7,646 kilometre event.
The rally is one of the toughest sporting events in the world and the production-spec models will support ambitious new Dakar Rally and Prodrive-backed team, Bahrain Raid Xtreme (BRX) throughout the 7 646 kilometre race.
Finbar McFall, Jaguar Land Rover Customer Experience Director, said: "Land Rover has a unique Dakar pedigree having won the inaugural event in 1979, and the rally remains the ultimate all-terrain endurance test. While the Defenders won't be competing, they will have a vital role in supporting the team as they navigate their way across thousands of miles of punishing desert terrain. The fact these vehicles are unmodified is testimony to the intrinsic capability and durability of our legendary 4x4, which has undergone the most demanding engineering test and development programme in our history."
The role of support vehicle will see crew members test the Defender's expedition credentials to the extremes. With a maximum payload of up to 900 kg and maximum dynamic roof load of 168 kg, each of the vehicles will be loaded with equipment and supplies, while advanced Terrain Response 2 technology, including world-first Configurable Terrain Response, will allow the drivers to fine-tune the vehicle to suit both their driving preferences and the challenging conditions.
World-leading motorsport experts, Prodrive, are behind BRX and Team Principal, Paul Howorth, said: "The crew need to know our support vehicles will be able to carry all of the necessary kits and be relied upon to get to the next service location, whatever the conditions. New Defender provides a unique combination of all-terrain performance, rugged practicality and comfort - a crucial combination for the unpredictable Dakar conditions and after long days behind the wheel."
Powering the Indus Silver models is the Land Rover's 398bhp, straight-six Ingenium petrol engine, featuring Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle technology. The vehicles are also fitted with the Explorer Pack, which includes an Expedition Roof Rack, Raised Air Intake, Wheel Arch Protection and Exterior Side-Mounted Gear Carrier. In addition, a Deployable Roof Ladder provides easy access to a roof box, which will help BRX carry all the necessary kit.
Thoughts About The New Land Rover Defender Taking Part As The Support Vehicle In The 2021 Dakar
The new Land Rover Defender is an excellent vehicle as far as off-roading is concerned. By putting in one of the most dangerous rallies in the world as a support car, the company will fully get to test the capabilities of the vehicle and we are sure that the Defender will keep up with whatever is thrown in front of it.