- 19 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Land Rover has announced that its new (2020) Defender SUV has secured a Five-Star safety rating at the recently held crash tests by Euro NCAP. The new Land Rover Defender 110 was used for the tests, which managed to secure the impressive safety ratings, making it the brand's most capable and durable model ever.
The test results revealed that the new Land Rover Defender secures 85 per cent for adult and child occupant protection, 79 per cent for Safety Assists and 71 per cent safety score for Vulnerable Road user; giving it the overall five-star rating.
The 2020 Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and safety equipment as standard across its entire range of trim levels. The new Defender also uses state-of-the-art ultra-stiff aluminium-intensive body construction, allowing it to cope with any landscape while also providing excellent safety.
The Defender SUV, available in both 90 and 110 models come packed with a host of smart safety tech, ensuring the safety of not only the passengers in the car but also everyone around. Some of these include emergency braking, lane keep assist, rear collision monitor, blind spot assist, driver condition monitor and 360-degree camera.
Other standard features also include six airbags, ABS with BED, three ISOFIX child seat anchorage points and many others.
Nick Rogers, Executive Director, Product Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover, said:
"From the moment we started creating the New Defender, we were obsessed with functional safety and the protection of both the occupants and other road users."
"We set out to make a vehicle that is the most capable and durable Land Rover ever made, with safety features that truly enhance the driver's experience. It's an incredible honour to receive this recognition from Euro NCAP who have endorsed our New Defender with their five-star rating."
Thoughts On The 2020 Land Rover Defender Euro NCAP Safety Ratings
The 2020 Land Rover Defender comes with an impressive list of both features and safety tech, ensuring the safety of each and every passenger. In India, the Land Rover Defender comes with a price tag starting at Rs 73.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.