- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Land Rover has announced that its new (2020) Defender SUV has secured a Five-Star safety rating at the recently held crash tests by Euro NCAP. The new Land Rover Defender 110 was used for the tests, which managed to secure the impressive safety ratings, making it the brand's most capable and durable model ever.
The test results revealed that the new Land Rover Defender secures 85 per cent for adult and child occupant protection, 79 per cent for Safety Assists and 71 per cent safety score for Vulnerable Road user; giving it the overall five-star rating.
The 2020 Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and safety equipment as standard across its entire range of trim levels. The new Defender also uses state-of-the-art ultra-stiff aluminium-intensive body construction, allowing it to cope with any landscape while also providing excellent safety.
The Defender SUV, available in both 90 and 110 models come packed with a host of smart safety tech, ensuring the safety of not only the passengers in the car but also everyone around. Some of these include emergency braking, lane keep assist, rear collision monitor, blind spot assist, driver condition monitor and 360-degree camera.
Other standard features also include six airbags, ABS with BED, three ISOFIX child seat anchorage points and many others.
Nick Rogers, Executive Director, Product Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover, said:
"From the moment we started creating the New Defender, we were obsessed with functional safety and the protection of both the occupants and other road users."
"We set out to make a vehicle that is the most capable and durable Land Rover ever made, with safety features that truly enhance the driver's experience. It's an incredible honour to receive this recognition from Euro NCAP who have endorsed our New Defender with their five-star rating."
Thoughts On The 2020 Land Rover Defender Euro NCAP Safety Ratings
The 2020 Land Rover Defender comes with an impressive list of both features and safety tech, ensuring the safety of each and every passenger. In India, the Land Rover Defender comes with a price tag starting at Rs 73.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.