- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Land Rover India has announced the start of bookings for its new Defender Plug-in Hybrid, badged as the P400e. The new Land Rover Defender P400e is the most powerful and fuel-efficient version of the SUV yet and is also the first Plug-in Hybrid model from Jaguar Land Rover to enter the Indian market.
The new Land Rover Defender P400e will be available in a range of four variants: SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE and X, all of which will be based on the larger 110 (five-door) body style. With a launch expected soon, deliveries of the Plug-in Hybrid Defender is said to start from Q1 of FY 2021-22.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"We are extremely proud to introduce our first Plug-In Hybrid, the New Defender P400e in India, a vehicle that perfectly balances performance with efficiency while retaining Land Rover's legendary off-road capability. This also reaffirms our commitment to the introduction of electrified vehicles across the Jaguar Land Rover portfolio, after we had opened bookings for Jaguar I-PACE in November 2020."
The Land Rover Defender P400e comes powered by a 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine, paired with a 105kW electric motor. The powertrain produces a combined power output of 398bhp (298kW) and 640Nm of peak torque. This powers the Defender P400e to a top speed of 209km/h while sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in just 5.6 seconds.
The Land Rover Defender Plug-In Hybrid comes with a 19.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Land Rover will offer the P400e with a complimentary 7.4kW AC wall box charger for quick charging. There will also be a standard plug on offer as well, which can charge the batteries via the 15A sockets available at homes or offices.
Land Rover introduced the standard Defender SUVs in India, earlier this year. Available in both 90 and 110 models, the standard Land Rover Defender SUV models come priced between Rs 73.98 lakh and Rs 89.63 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender Plug-In Hybrid In India
The Land Rover Defender P400e is the first Plug-in-Hybrid model from JLR in the Indian market. Once launched in India, we expect prices for the new P400e to be at a slight premium compared to the standard 110 models.