- 28 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- Movies Mira Rajput Credits Hubby Shahid Kapoor For Helping Her Stay Calm And Happy During Her Pregnancies
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Land Rover India has announced the start of bookings for its new Defender Plug-in Hybrid, badged as the P400e. The new Land Rover Defender P400e is the most powerful and fuel-efficient version of the SUV yet and is also the first Plug-in Hybrid model from Jaguar Land Rover to enter the Indian market.
The new Land Rover Defender P400e will be available in a range of four variants: SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE and X, all of which will be based on the larger 110 (five-door) body style. With a launch expected soon, deliveries of the Plug-in Hybrid Defender is said to start from Q1 of FY 2021-22.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"We are extremely proud to introduce our first Plug-In Hybrid, the New Defender P400e in India, a vehicle that perfectly balances performance with efficiency while retaining Land Rover's legendary off-road capability. This also reaffirms our commitment to the introduction of electrified vehicles across the Jaguar Land Rover portfolio, after we had opened bookings for Jaguar I-PACE in November 2020."
The Land Rover Defender P400e comes powered by a 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine, paired with a 105kW electric motor. The powertrain produces a combined power output of 398bhp (298kW) and 640Nm of peak torque. This powers the Defender P400e to a top speed of 209km/h while sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in just 5.6 seconds.
The Land Rover Defender Plug-In Hybrid comes with a 19.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Land Rover will offer the P400e with a complimentary 7.4kW AC wall box charger for quick charging. There will also be a standard plug on offer as well, which can charge the batteries via the 15A sockets available at homes or offices.
Land Rover introduced the standard Defender SUVs in India, earlier this year. Available in both 90 and 110 models, the standard Land Rover Defender SUV models come priced between Rs 73.98 lakh and Rs 89.63 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender Plug-In Hybrid In India
The Land Rover Defender P400e is the first Plug-in-Hybrid model from JLR in the Indian market. Once launched in India, we expect prices for the new P400e to be at a slight premium compared to the standard 110 models.