- 3 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 20 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 21 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- News R Madhavan tests negative for COVID-19, says all fit and fine now
- Sports IPL 2021: Time to move on from Australia, says Prithvi Shaw
- Movies Salman Khan, Mahesh Babu, And Prithviraj Sukumaran Come Together To Launch The Teaser Of Major
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Land Rover India has launched the new Defender SUV in the Indian market. The new Land Rover Defender SUV will be available in two variants: 90 (3-door) and 110 (5-door) and will be offered with a price tag starting at Rs 73.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The company had previously announced the prices of the new Defender in India at Rs 69.99 lakh (ex-showroom), while also having started accepting bookings. However, those were just introductory prices; customers who booked the off-roader early will get the Defender at that price.
The new prices of the Land Rover Defender 90 range from Rs 73.98 lakh to Rs 84.63 lakh. The Land Rover Defender 110 (five-door) version, on the other hand, is available with a price range of Rs 79.94 lakh and Rs 89.63 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both the Defender 90 and 110 versions of the SUV are further offered in five trim levels each: Base, S, SE, HSE and First Editions. Land Rover will begin deliveries of the Defender 110 model immediately, while the Defender 90 will take a few more months.
Talking about the latest-generation Land Rover Defender 110, the SUV offers massive road presence. The large five-door SUV measures over 5000mm in length, 2,105mm in width and 1,967mm in height. It also has a massive wheelbase of 3,022mm.
The SUV carries forward a silhouette similar to the original version, while still managing to bring in a host of modernity in its design. However, there are still plenty of elements on the new Defender which pays homage to the original iconic version.
The Land Rover Defender is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine. It produces 296bhp and 400Nm of peak torque and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
The SUV is offered with a host of electronic aids and driver assistance features, equipment and technology. This includes the brand's ‘Terrain Response 2' function offering multiple riding modes: Eco, Comfort, Snow Gravel Sand, Mud Ruts, Rock & Wade, ensuring the go-anywhere nature of the SUV.
The Land Rover Defender has a ground clearance of 241mm when in standard accessible mode. It features an air suspension system which allows the entire SUV to be raised by a maximum of 50mm in ‘Off-Road' mode. Land Rover also states that the Defender comes with a water wading capability of 900mm.
Other features on offer on the Land Rover Defender also include: matrix LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lights, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 12.3-inch instrument cluster, four-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, alpine light windows, wireless charging, ventilated front seats, multiple charging sockets and plenty of other features.
Land Rover also offers the Defender with a host of accessories and packages, which allows customers to personalise their SUVs, as per their usage. There are also plenty of paint schemes and interiors options to choose from as well.
Thoughts On The 2020 Land Rover Defender SUV
The Land Rover Defender has finally arrived in the Indian market for the very first time. The iconic SUV is known for its extreme off-roading capabilities. The new Land Rover Defender in India will take on rivals such as the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and the Mercedes-Benz G-Class.