- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Lamborghini Squadra Corse has unveiled their all-new one-off open-top track car, the SC20. The new Lamborghini SC20 track car has been approved for road use and has been built as a one-off, following a customer's wish.
The SC20 one-off track car has been engineered by the brand's motorsports division, while being designed by Centro Stile, Sant'Agata, Bolognese. Lamborghini states that the car was uniquely built following a customer's wishes, who was involved in the entire project right from the initial drawing stages.
The design of the Lamborghini SC20 has been inspired by previous models in the brand's lineup. These include the Diablo VT Roadster, Veneno Roadster, Concept S and the Aventador J. This is Lamborghini's second such one-off project, with the SC18 unveiled back in 2018 being the first.
Mitja Borkert, Head of Design, Centro Stile, stated:
"Two years after the SC18 Alston, the SC20 was a new, intriguing challenge. The chief sources of inspiration were the Diablo VT Roadster, Aventador J, Veneno Roadster and Concept S, and the result is a dramatic combination of creativity and racing attitude."
The new Lamborghini SC 20 comes with a complete carbon-fibre body. The body has been aerodynamically engineered to offer optimal airflow for both performance and to the passengers, considering the lack of a windshield.
The SC 20 also borrows inspiration for the two front fins and the air intake on the hood from the brand's Huracan GT3 EVO. The sculpted body sides, on the other hand, reflect the solutions adopted on the Essenza SCV12. The rear of the SC 20 also comes with a massive wing, which can be set in three different positions.
Inside, the Lamborghini SC20 will feature exposed carbon-fibre elements all around. This includes the dashboard cover, rear wall, door panels, centre console, steering wheel trim. The seats on the SC 20 are upholstered in a combination of Alcantara and leather, while the door handles are machined from solid aluminium.
Maurizio Reggiani, Chief Technical Officer of Automobili Lamborghini, stated,
"The SC20 is a combination of sophisticated engineering, Italian craftsmanship, sportiness and advanced design. It is also an example of applying our V12 engine and carbon fibre to a radical open-top vehicle that unmistakably carries the Lamborghini DNA."
Giorgio Sanna, Head of Lamborghini Motorsport, stated:
"The SC20 is one more technical and styling exercise that associates Squadra Corse experience with Lamborghini design, masterfully interpreted by our Centro Stile based on the customer's wishes, which was the focus of the project during the entire vehicle development and construction process."
The Lamborghini SC 20 is powered by the brand's 6.5-litre naturally-aspirated V12 engine. It produces 759bhp and 720Nm of peak torque and is mated to a seven-speed Independent Shifting Rod (ISR) gearbox.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini SC 20 One-Off Car Unveiled
The Lamborghini SC20 is a special one-off supercar from the brand's motorsport division. It definitely looks unique.