- 17 min ago MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 15 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 16 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- News Farmers' Protest: Officials suspend metro services from Delhi to neighbouring cities till 2 pm today
- Finance These Stocks Look Promising For Further Upside From Oil And Drilling Space
- Technology iPhone Ringtone MP3 Download for Android: How To Download iPhone Ringtone On Your Android Smartphone
- Sports Diego Maradona dies: A look at the Argentina and Napoli icon's greatest ever goals
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
The Lamborghini Huracan STO has been globally unveiled. The Huracan STO or Super Trofeo Omologata, is now the ultimate road-legal variant with the 'Huracan' nameplate. The new model pays tribute to Lamborghini's Huracan GT3 car, which has won the 24-hours of Daytona for three consecutive years.
The new Lamborghini Huracan STO has been heavily inspired by its race-spec GT3 model. This can be seen not only through its design, but also via some of the aerodynamic elements the supercar offers.
This includes the large air scoops at the front, the roof scoop, the shark fin, the large (yet purposeful) rear wing and the massive diffusers and air outlet channels at the back. All these aerodynamic elements all around the car, along with the massive wing at the rear, allow the Huracan STO to increase air-flow efficiency by 37% while also creating 57% more downforce, when compared to the Huracan Performante.
Being a racecar derivative, 75 percent of the Lamborghini Huracan STO's body is made up of carbon-fibre. The supercar also makes use of other composite materials, including light-weight titanium roll bars, carbon-fibre bucket seats with a four-point seat belt; all of which help bring down the overall weight of the Huracan STO.
Further to this, the Huracan STO also comes with 20% lighter windscreen and also features magnesium rims, further saving weight. Relatively speaking, the Huracan STO tips the scale at 1,339kg, which is a massive 43kg less than the Huracan Performante.
The Lamborghini Huracan STO also takes inspiration from its older models such as the Miura and Sesto Elemento. Similar to these iconic models, the Huracan STO comes with a single-piece body panel which consists of the front bonnet, fender and front bumper, which Lamborghini calls ‘Cofango'.
The Cofango name is a combination of ‘Cofano' and ‘Parafango', which translated to English means, bonnet and fender, respectively. This single-piece has not only been inspired from iconic models of the past, but is also a timesaving access feature in motorsports.
The use of such single large piece body panels all around the car, has allowed Lamborghini to use 23% less carbon-fibre material, while still maintaining the structural rigidity required.
Coming to the heart of the matter, the Lamborghini Huracan STO comes powered by the brand's 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine. It produces 640bhp and 565Nm of peak torque, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
The Huracan STO is said to be capable of sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in 3 seconds, while 0 - 200km/h comes in 9 seconds. Lamborghini also claims a top speed of 310km/h on the Huracan STO.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini Huracan STO
The STO version of the Huracan is its most potent version yet. Lamborghini hasn't announced the exact number of units which will be produced or the prices. However, considering the performance and heritage, we expect just a handful of these to be available to some very lucky customers.