- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the globe hard and India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 3. A lot of automobile manufacturers have come up with different ideas to fight this crisis. Maruti Suzuki's joint venture, Krishna Maruti, has promised to donate one million triple-ply N-95 masks to the Haryana government.
Amit Khatri, IAS, District Magistrate, Gurugram, said, "My compliments to Maruti Suzuki and Krishna Maruti for this very timely assistance which will come very handy not just for Gurugram but for the entire State in this time of crisis."
Krishna Maruti, which is Maruti Suzuki's seat manufacturing joint venture, has handed over the first batch of 2 lakh units of triple-ply face masks to the Gurugram Administration. As per the company's statement, Maruti Suzuki was requested by the State of Haryana as well as the Central Government, if it could use its production infrastructure to develop and produce protective face masks in large numbers for the fight against COVID-19.
Ashok Kapur, Chairman, Krishna Group said "It is a time of national crisis and this is our duty to the nation. We have committed 1 million masks each to Haryana and Gujarat Governments. I am also planning to import some machines and produce N-95 masks. All important safety and physical distancing guidelines have been observed while manufacturing these masks to ensure the safety of all the staff."
Since production of vehicles has been put on hold due to the pandemic, Krishna Maruti has ventured into manufacturing N-95 masks that have been certified by the SITRA lab in Coimbatore. Also, the company produces 50,000 masks every day.
Kenichi Ayukawa, the Managing Director & CEO at Maruti Suzuki India, said, "We had committed to support the Government with protective gear and masks even though the test specifications and process technology were not known. My message to all our teams was - some doctors, some nurses will be depending upon our product, so please give top priority to quality and performance testing. Mr. Kapur and his team have been successful. "
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki's Contribution Towards COVID-19 Crisis
Automobile manufacturers have gone out of the way to help in the ongoing battle against the Coronavirus pandemic. Maruti Suzuki utilizing its production infrastructure to develop and produce N-95 face masks is commendable. We also believe that this initiative will help stop the deadly virus virus from spreading.