- 7 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 11 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 1 hr ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports UFC Vegas 15: Blaydes vs. Lewis fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Movies Anushka Sharma Gets A Congratulatory Gift From Sabyasachi With Her And Virat Kohli's Initials On It
- News Indian economy exhibited stronger than expected rebound: RBI Governor
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Kinetic Green — a Pune based electric vehicle manufacturer, has introduced India's first one-ton electric cargo three-wheeler, called the Safar Jumbo. The new Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler is priced at Rs 2.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
The new electric three-wheeler has been introduced to address a number of commercial purposes, including last-mile deliveries. The Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric three-wheeler can also be used for short-distance deliveries of LPG cylinders, along with other applications such as waste management and food truck as well. This is possible as the electric three-wheeler promises to combine long-range with a higher top speed.
The Kinetic Green Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler is said to have been designed from the ground up at the company's R&D facility in the country. The electric three-wheeler also claims to have been built using 100% indigenous parts.
The electric three-wheeler is said to fall under the L5 commercial vehicle category. The electric cargo three-wheeler is said to have a payload capacity of 500kg, To carry the goods, the Kinetic Safar Jumbo comes with a specially designed cargo bay with close to 150 cubic feet of space.
The Kinetic Safar Jumbo is built using a steel body for added durability and safety. The electric cargo three-wheeler is said to come powered by a lithium-ion battery pack which is capable of offering a maximum of 120km on a single charge. The electric powertrain on the cargo three-wheeler is also said to have a top speed of 55km/h.
The battery pack on the three-wheeler is said to take anywhere between 3 to 4 hours for a complete charge. The company will also offer the Safar Jumbo with an optional fast-charger for Rs 20,000 which will bring down the charging time to under 2 hours.
The company states that the pricing of the Safar Jumbo electric three-wheeler includes the Rs 60,000 incentive from the government's FAME II subsidy. The company will also be offering the Safar Jumbo with a standard three-year warranty as well.
Other elements on the electric cargo three-wheeler include independent suspension and upgraded hydraulic brakes. The Safar Jumbo also features a digital instrument cluster, interactive Kinetic Konnect App, dynamic SOC, CAN-based controller and a 'Magic Gear', which allows the three-wheeler to easily go over steep gradients.
Thoughts On The Kinetic Safar Jumbo Electric Cargo Three-Wheeler
The Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler seems ideal for last-mile deliveries and intra-city commercial usage. Being electric, the three-wheeler is bound to bring down ownership and running costs, compared to standard diesel-powered rivals.