- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- Finance Now You Can Book Special Trains Ticket At Post Office
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors is close to launching its third offering in the country, but has encountered a problem along the way. The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce of the Government of India, has objected to the 'Kia Sonet' name for the Indian market.
Kia Motors submitted three applications with different names - Sonet, Kia Sonet, and Sonet Concept for its upcoming compact SUV. The exact reason for the objection of the name Kia Sonet name is unclear at the moment.
According to 91wheels, the ‘Sonet' word mark is already being used by Sonet Sanitarywares and may be that is why the brand name was rejected by the govt for usage by Kia Motors.
Kia Motors showcased the Sonet concept at the Delhi Auto Expo this year and let everyone know, indirectly, that it would be called the Sonet — basically postulated all-over that the production model would be called the Kia Sonet.
The Kia Sonet will be the South Korean brand's third offering for the Indian market, after the Kia Seltos and the Kia Carnival Premium MPV. Riding on the success of these two utility models in India, Kia hopes for the same kind of response or even better for the upcoming compact SUV.
The Kia Sonet compact SUV will be built on the Venue's platform and will even share powertrain options. However the Sonet (or whatever it is called eventually) will be a slight premium offering, and will arrive loaded with features, including some that are segment first.
Thoughts About The Name Kia Sonet Objected By The Government
Kia Motors is really ready to launch its most affordable offering in the Indian market, especially after the runaway success the Seltos has been. Launched in August 2019, the mid-size SUV created a strong and positive brand image for the carmaker in India and business have boomed ever since.
We think this is just someone at some desk at some government office wanting a little more that what was already coughed up. It's just a matter of time before Kia Motors gets a no-objection certificate from the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.