- 59 min ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Technology Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini To Reach Distributors On October 5 Ahead Of Launch
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Kia Motors is close to launching its third offering in the country, but has encountered a problem along the way. The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce of the Government of India, has objected to the 'Kia Sonet' name for the Indian market.
Kia Motors submitted three applications with different names - Sonet, Kia Sonet, and Sonet Concept for its upcoming compact SUV. The exact reason for the objection of the name Kia Sonet name is unclear at the moment.
According to 91wheels, the ‘Sonet' word mark is already being used by Sonet Sanitarywares and may be that is why the brand name was rejected by the govt for usage by Kia Motors.
Kia Motors showcased the Sonet concept at the Delhi Auto Expo this year and let everyone know, indirectly, that it would be called the Sonet — basically postulated all-over that the production model would be called the Kia Sonet.
The Kia Sonet will be the South Korean brand's third offering for the Indian market, after the Kia Seltos and the Kia Carnival Premium MPV. Riding on the success of these two utility models in India, Kia hopes for the same kind of response or even better for the upcoming compact SUV.
The Kia Sonet compact SUV will be built on the Venue's platform and will even share powertrain options. However the Sonet (or whatever it is called eventually) will be a slight premium offering, and will arrive loaded with features, including some that are segment first.
Thoughts About The Name Kia Sonet Objected By The Government
Kia Motors is really ready to launch its most affordable offering in the Indian market, especially after the runaway success the Seltos has been. Launched in August 2019, the mid-size SUV created a strong and positive brand image for the carmaker in India and business have boomed ever since.
We think this is just someone at some desk at some government office wanting a little more that what was already coughed up. It's just a matter of time before Kia Motors gets a no-objection certificate from the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.