- 17 min ago KTM Duke 390 Engine Case Breaks Open Completely While Riding: Watch Video Here!
- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 4 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- Sports Bihar cricket mess: Players yet to get TA/DA and match fees of last season, Verma writes to Shah
- News Himachal Pradesh Power minister Sukh Ram Chaudhary tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies Sameer Sharma Had Shared A Powerful Post On Mental Health After Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's latest offering to the Indian market. The South Korean automaker has enjoyed the success of the Seltos and the Carnival MPV, which has brought in good numbers for the brand.
Kia Motors is aiming to carry the same momentum with its third product, the Sonet compact-SUV. The company has already announced that the SUV will be having its global premiere on August 7, 2020. It is expected to launch during this festive season aiming to boost sales.
Ahead of its global debut and the launch, the Sonet has been spied in a production-ready guise. Spy images from Motoroids showcase a partially covered SUV revealing some of the features that are expected to be offered by the company.
This includes a wrap-around blacked-out portion on the C-pillar that also merges with the rear windshield design. It also features an integrated roof spoiler with normal antenna and not a shark-fin type. There is also a light bar running across the length of the booth-lid that combines the split tail lamps on either side.
Some of the other features revealed by the spy images are the all-round chunky body cladding, a small rear quarter window glass, steel wheel design that could be offered on entry-level trims, and rear air-con vents, which indicates, the company is going to pack the Sonet with many best-in-class features.
Speaking about the design on the front of the Sonet, It will feature Kia's signature elements such as the tiger-nose grille giving it a bold and aggressive stance. In addition to this, it is also expected to feature LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, and faux skid plates at both ends; among others.
Other interior features that are expected on the Sonet include the best-in-class 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features.
The SUV is also expected to come equipped with multiple drive modes, a premium Bose sound system, a sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel, a blind spot monitoring system, and other standard safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS and more.
Kia is expected to offer the Sonet with a host of powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor.
The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine, with the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT. The Sonet is expected to be offered with an optional diesel-automatic, which is not available on the Hyundai Venue.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Production Ready Model Spotted Ahead Of Launch
According to Kia Motors, the arrival of the Sonet SUV in the Indian market has been unaffected by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The Sonet is among the most anticipated launches this year in the country.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Mahindra XUV300, the Ford EcoSport and the upcoming compact-SUVs from Renault and Nissan, respectively.