- 5 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Odisha, Maharashtra halt Covid-19 vaccination drive for a day
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's latest offering to the Indian market. The South Korean automaker has enjoyed the success of the Seltos and the Carnival MPV, which has brought in good numbers for the brand.
Kia Motors is aiming to carry the same momentum with its third product, the Sonet compact-SUV. The company has already announced that the SUV will be having its global premiere on August 7, 2020. It is expected to launch during this festive season aiming to boost sales.
Ahead of its global debut and the launch, the Sonet has been spied in a production-ready guise. Spy images from Motoroids showcase a partially covered SUV revealing some of the features that are expected to be offered by the company.
This includes a wrap-around blacked-out portion on the C-pillar that also merges with the rear windshield design. It also features an integrated roof spoiler with normal antenna and not a shark-fin type. There is also a light bar running across the length of the booth-lid that combines the split tail lamps on either side.
Some of the other features revealed by the spy images are the all-round chunky body cladding, a small rear quarter window glass, steel wheel design that could be offered on entry-level trims, and rear air-con vents, which indicates, the company is going to pack the Sonet with many best-in-class features.
Speaking about the design on the front of the Sonet, It will feature Kia's signature elements such as the tiger-nose grille giving it a bold and aggressive stance. In addition to this, it is also expected to feature LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, and faux skid plates at both ends; among others.
Other interior features that are expected on the Sonet include the best-in-class 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features.
The SUV is also expected to come equipped with multiple drive modes, a premium Bose sound system, a sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel, a blind spot monitoring system, and other standard safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS and more.
Kia is expected to offer the Sonet with a host of powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor.
The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine, with the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT. The Sonet is expected to be offered with an optional diesel-automatic, which is not available on the Hyundai Venue.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Production Ready Model Spotted Ahead Of Launch
According to Kia Motors, the arrival of the Sonet SUV in the Indian market has been unaffected by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The Sonet is among the most anticipated launches this year in the country.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Mahindra XUV300, the Ford EcoSport and the upcoming compact-SUVs from Renault and Nissan, respectively.