- 7 hrs ago 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- 9 hrs ago Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Renault Delivers Over 1100 Units Of the Kiger SUV Across India On The First Day: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Jaguar I-Pace Electric SUV India Launch Date Announced: Retailer Network Gears Up With Charging Stations
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Technology How To Book BSNL FTTH Connection Online And Via App
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
India, just like most nations, is currently observing a lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of the businesses across sectors have either shut or slowed down and as far as the automobile industry is concerned, all the launches have been delayed until further notice. Now, due to the COVID-19 situation, the launch of the Kia Sonet could be delayed until October, which is the festive season.
However, the Sonet was snapped testing by Rushlane at the company's manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. As seen in the spy pictures, the car is under heavy wraps and is still in its early stages of production. The shots revealed a new alloy wheel design different from the one showcased at the Auto Expo. It is also seen that the Sonet gets silver roof rails and silver ORVMs. However, the other test mule does not get the roof rails and diamond-cut wheels, which indicated that it could be a lower variant.
The Sonet is expected to get similar aesthetics as its larger sibling the Kia Seltos. However, if one looks closely at the interior of the spy shots, there is a long panoramic panel housing the touchscreen infotainment system and driver's instrumentation.
Since the Sonet shares its platform with Hyundai's Venue we are expecting the Sonet to get the same engine options. A 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, a 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit and a 1.5-litre oil burner pumping out 82bhp and 114Nm, 118bhp and 172Nm, and 99bhp and 240Nm respectively.
We are expecting the Sonet's base model to carry a price tag upwards of the Rs 7 lakh mark (ex-showroom). However, once the car is launched it will go up against the likes of the Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra TUV300, Renault Duster and the Tata Nexon.
Thoughts on the Kia Sonet
Kia had showcased a number of cars at the recent Auto Expo, but the center stage was taken by the Kia Sonet. We hope that Kia launches the Sonet soon as we are eagerly waiting to get our hands on the sub-4 metre SUV.