- 2 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Kia Motors introduced the Sonet SUV in the Indian market back on the 18th of September 2020. The Kia Sonet went on sale immediately and in 12 days of its launch has managed to register 9,266 units of sales in the Indian market during the month of September 2020.
The Kia Sonet SUV is the brand's latest model to be introduced in India and is also the new entry-level offering as well. The Kia Sonet sits below the brand's Seltos SUV in the lineup and is offered with a price range between Rs 6.71 lakh and Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Sonet SUV has now also taken over the reigns as the new segment-leader, overtaking the sales figures of its main rival, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki lost out to the Sonet by a little over 100 units, registering 9,153 SUVs in the previous month.
The Kia Sonet has an advantage over its rivals, as the new-entrant comes with a wide range of variant options, all of which are packed with features and equipment. The Kia Sonet is offered in a range of six variants, all six are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options, along with multiple transmission choices as well.
To reiterate, the Kia Sonet is offered with two petrol and one diesel engine. The petrol engine options include a 1.2-litre NA and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 83bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual. The 1.0-litre T-GDi unit churns out 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic gearbox.
There is also a 1.5-litre diesel engine on offer, in two state-of-tunes. The lower state produced 110bhp and 240Nm of torque mated to a six-speed manual, while the higher-tuned unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
Comparing this to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the SUV is offered with a single 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
Other rivals of the Kia Sonet, also include the Hyundai Venue which also recorded comparatively lower sales figures last month. The Kia Sonet also beat the likes of the Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300; among others.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Sales Figures For September 2020
The Kia Sonet seems to be off to a flying start. The Sonet has managed to beat all its rivals in the segment, with just half a month of sales, it will now be interesting to see how the sales figures will reflect in the month of October 2020.