- 54 min ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- News Ramadan 2021: Hotels and restaurants in Dubai can serve food to customers without curtain covers
- Finance How to Download LIC Home Loan Statement Online?
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For April 12; Use This To Get Paleolithic Bundle
- Movies Goodbye: Pavail Gulati Joins The Cast Of Amitabh Bachchan-Rashmika Mandanna's Film
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Sports Rumour Has It: PSG eyeing Kane and Salah as Bayern, Chelsea and Atletico circle Inter's Barella
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Kia Motors introduced the Sonet SUV in the Indian market back on the 18th of September 2020. The Kia Sonet went on sale immediately and in 12 days of its launch has managed to register 9,266 units of sales in the Indian market during the month of September 2020.
The Kia Sonet SUV is the brand's latest model to be introduced in India and is also the new entry-level offering as well. The Kia Sonet sits below the brand's Seltos SUV in the lineup and is offered with a price range between Rs 6.71 lakh and Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Sonet SUV has now also taken over the reigns as the new segment-leader, overtaking the sales figures of its main rival, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki lost out to the Sonet by a little over 100 units, registering 9,153 SUVs in the previous month.
The Kia Sonet has an advantage over its rivals, as the new-entrant comes with a wide range of variant options, all of which are packed with features and equipment. The Kia Sonet is offered in a range of six variants, all six are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options, along with multiple transmission choices as well.
To reiterate, the Kia Sonet is offered with two petrol and one diesel engine. The petrol engine options include a 1.2-litre NA and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 83bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual. The 1.0-litre T-GDi unit churns out 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic gearbox.
There is also a 1.5-litre diesel engine on offer, in two state-of-tunes. The lower state produced 110bhp and 240Nm of torque mated to a six-speed manual, while the higher-tuned unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
Comparing this to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the SUV is offered with a single 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
Other rivals of the Kia Sonet, also include the Hyundai Venue which also recorded comparatively lower sales figures last month. The Kia Sonet also beat the likes of the Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300; among others.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Sales Figures For September 2020
The Kia Sonet seems to be off to a flying start. The Sonet has managed to beat all its rivals in the segment, with just half a month of sales, it will now be interesting to see how the sales figures will reflect in the month of October 2020.