- 7 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Maharashtra halts Covid-19 vaccination drive till Monday due to Co-Win app glitches
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Kia Motors India is all set to launch the Sonet compact-SUV in the Indian market sometime next month. Ahead of its launch in India, the Kia Sonet will have its world premiere on the 7th of August 2020.
Now, days before the unveiling of the production-spec Kia Sonet, the SUV has been spied testing yet again. The company has been extensively testing the compact-SUV in the India market, with the test mule having been spied multiple times all across the country on different occasions.
The latest set of spy pics of the Kia Sonet released by Indian Auto, showcases the test mule of the production-spec SUV in Haryana. The spy pics showcase a heavily camouflaged Sonet compact-SUV, revealing a stylish set of alloy wheels which could make it onto the production-spec model.
Kia Motors recently released the first official design rendering of the Sonet. The SUV carries forward the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, flanked either side by LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and a front bumper with an air intake and a silver-finished scuff plate as well.
The side and rear profiles also carry forward the same aggressive and sporty design, with the rear profile mainly characterised by the LED taillights and the LED lightbar running across the width of the boot.
The Kia Sonet is said to be powered by the same engine options as its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. This includes 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
Transmission options will also be carried forward from the Venue and will come in the form of a six-speed manual and a 7DCT automatic.
Kia is yet to confirm whether the recently introduced iMT automatic on the Hyundai Venue will be carried forward on the Sonet or not.
The Kia Sonet is one of the most awaited compact-SUVs in the Indian market. The Kia Sonet will be the third model from the brand and the second ‘made-in-India' product, following the Seltos.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Compact-SUV Spy Pics
The Kia Sonet once launched in India will be positioned in the highly-competitive compact-SUV segment. The Sonet SUV will take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue and the Ford EcoSport to name a few. Prices for the Kia Sonet will be in the range of around Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.