- 7 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 13 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News DRDO's new anti-COVID-19 drug 2-DG to be rolled out tomorrow
- Sports Ravi Shastri pays tributes to former Saurashtra pacer and BCCI match referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni Fame Abhilasha Jakhar And Vineet Kumar Chaudhary Blessed With A Baby Boy; SEE PIC
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
South Korean auto manufacturer, Kia Motors, has just released a first video teaser of the soon to be launched Kia Sonet. The Sonet concept was first showcased at the Auto Expo earlier this month.
The new video is heavily inspired by the Tron film out of 1982 - basically revealing that the vehicle is futuristic, and is targetted at a younger audience. The video features Senbei's Invasion music track.
The sub-four meter compact SUV features a tiger nose grille, sleek headlamps, unique LED DRLs, a floating styled roof, flared wheel arches, and heavy body cladding.
The company hasn't revealed interiors of the Sonet via the video or otherwise, but the SUV is expected to feature a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android compatible, and Kia's UVO Connect technology.
Considering the company's Seltos model arrived with a multitude of features and creature comforts, expectations are that the Sonet will also arrive fully loaded, and will feature an eight-way Bose audio system.
The Kia Sonet will arrive with petrol and diesel options. Petrol options will include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine and a 1.0-litre turbocharged engine. Diesel models will be powered by a1,5-litre engine that currently powers the company's Seltos model.
Transmission options will include manual, a seven-speed DCT automatic, and a segment's first (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission that will become the first ever clutch-less transmission in a production car in the country.
Safety features are expected to include ABS with EBD, traction control, a seat belt reminder alarm, a 360 degree camera, a blind spot monitor, rear parking cameras and sensors, and ISOFIX child safety anchors, among a host of others.
The soon to be launched Kia Sonet is expected to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The First TVC Of The Kia Sonet
We think the video is very well made. And we're impressed that Kia's video team decided to use Tron as an inspiration. The film won the Academy Award for Technical Achievement, was considered ground breaking, and was nominated for the Top 10 Science Fiction Films list in 2008.
We think Kia's trying to tell us something here!