- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- Finance Now You Can Book Special Trains Ticket At Post Office
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
South Korean auto manufacturer, Kia Motors, has just released a first video teaser of the soon to be launched Kia Sonet. The Sonet concept was first showcased at the Auto Expo earlier this month.
The new video is heavily inspired by the Tron film out of 1982 - basically revealing that the vehicle is futuristic, and is targetted at a younger audience. The video features Senbei's Invasion music track.
The sub-four meter compact SUV features a tiger nose grille, sleek headlamps, unique LED DRLs, a floating styled roof, flared wheel arches, and heavy body cladding.
The company hasn't revealed interiors of the Sonet via the video or otherwise, but the SUV is expected to feature a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android compatible, and Kia's UVO Connect technology.
Considering the company's Seltos model arrived with a multitude of features and creature comforts, expectations are that the Sonet will also arrive fully loaded, and will feature an eight-way Bose audio system.
The Kia Sonet will arrive with petrol and diesel options. Petrol options will include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine and a 1.0-litre turbocharged engine. Diesel models will be powered by a1,5-litre engine that currently powers the company's Seltos model.
Transmission options will include manual, a seven-speed DCT automatic, and a segment's first (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission that will become the first ever clutch-less transmission in a production car in the country.
Safety features are expected to include ABS with EBD, traction control, a seat belt reminder alarm, a 360 degree camera, a blind spot monitor, rear parking cameras and sensors, and ISOFIX child safety anchors, among a host of others.
The soon to be launched Kia Sonet is expected to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The First TVC Of The Kia Sonet
We think the video is very well made. And we're impressed that Kia's video team decided to use Tron as an inspiration. The film won the Academy Award for Technical Achievement, was considered ground breaking, and was nominated for the Top 10 Science Fiction Films list in 2008.
We think Kia's trying to tell us something here!