- 1 hr ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Arshad Warsi Aka Circuit On Munna Bhai 3: I Don't Think It's Going To Work, Raju Is Busy With Other Things
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Kia Motors India introduced their all-new Sonet compact-SUV in the country earlier this year. The new Kia Sonet is offered with a price tag of Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With deliveries now having started for the compact-SUV, a customer in Bangalore seems to have tastefully modified his new Sonet.
As seen from the images shared by Prashanth Swaminathan/Facebook, the modified Sonet SUV can be seen covered in Satin Black wrap from Avery Dennison.
Along with the wrap, all the chrome bits on the Sonet, including the knurled front grille, exterior door handles and the silver-finished roof rails have been painted in Gloss Black paint scheme. The owner of the modified Sonet has also gone ahead and fitted the SUV with a new set of 16-inch GTR Pro alloy wheels also finished in black, completing the exterior look.
The owner took delivery of his Kia Sonet on the 30th of September and sent it straight into modification. The modified SUV is based on the brand's HTX variant, powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to a six-speed iMT transmission. The engine produces 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, making it a powerful offering in the segment.
Coming to the interiors, Prashanth has stated in the comments that the cabin has also been blacked out. However, there are currently no images which showcase the changes/updates inside.
The Kia Sonet HTX variant comes packed with features and equipment. The HTX is the mid-spec variant in the Sonet's Tech-line trim level. The price for the Sonet HTX variant starts from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Kia Sonet has been received extremely well in the Indian market. Recently the company announced that the SUV has already received over 50,000 units of bookings since its launch. Kia also confirmed that within 12 days of its launch, the Sonet registered over 9000 units of sales, making it the best-selling compact-SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Modified
The modified Kia Sonet definitely looks menacing in the full-black scheme. The muscular lines, creases and the sporty design, further add to the SUVs appearance. We feel that the modifications made to the Sonet are tastefully done and we definitely like it!