- 41 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Kia Motors India have announced the launch date for their much-awaited Sonet SUV in the market. The company has revealed that the Kia Sonet will go on sale in the Indian market from the 18th of September 2020.
Bookings for the new Sonet SUV has already begun since the 20th of August. The company even announced an overwhelming response to the Sonet after registering over 6,500 units of bookings within the first 24 hours.
The Kia Sonet will be available in two trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line and interested customers can book the SUV for an amount of Rs 25,000. Bookings can be made either online or through any of the brand's dealerships across India. The SUV has already started arriving at dealerships, hence we expect the deliveries of the Sonet to begin immediately after its launch in India.
The Kia Sonet is the third model from the South Korean carmaker, after the Seltos and Carnival. It is also the second ‘Made-in-India' model, manufactured at the company's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
The Sonet will be positioned in the highly-competitive sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment of the Indian market. Once launched it will also be the entry-level offering from Kia Motors, positioned below the Seltos. Prices for the SUV are expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kia Sonet will be offered with a choice of three engine options. This includes 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit producing 81bhp and 115Nm of torque and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol producing 117bhp and 170Nm of torque.
The 1.2-litre unit will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, while the turbo-petrol engine will be paired with either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit.
Apart from the two petrol engines, the Sonet will also be offered with a 1.5-litre diesel unit. This engine will further be offered in two-state-of tunes. The lower option produces 97bhp and 240Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual. The higher-state-of-tune churns out 110bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and is paired with a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
All variants and trims on the Kia Sonet will come packed with a host of features and equipment, with many segment-firsts as well. Some of the features on the upcoming compact-SUV include a LED projector headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Kia's UVO connected technology, wireless charging, automatic climate control, cruise control, ventilated seats and many more.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Kia Sonet Compact-SUV Launch Date In India
The Kia Sonet was first showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo. Since then, the SUV has gone on to become one of the most-awaited models in the Indian market.
Once launched in India, the Sonet will take on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and even other upcoming models like the Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Nissan Magnite.