- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Kia Motors India have announced the launch date for their much-awaited Sonet SUV in the market. The company has revealed that the Kia Sonet will go on sale in the Indian market from the 18th of September 2020.
Bookings for the new Sonet SUV has already begun since the 20th of August. The company even announced an overwhelming response to the Sonet after registering over 6,500 units of bookings within the first 24 hours.
The Kia Sonet will be available in two trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line and interested customers can book the SUV for an amount of Rs 25,000. Bookings can be made either online or through any of the brand's dealerships across India. The SUV has already started arriving at dealerships, hence we expect the deliveries of the Sonet to begin immediately after its launch in India.
The Kia Sonet is the third model from the South Korean carmaker, after the Seltos and Carnival. It is also the second ‘Made-in-India' model, manufactured at the company's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
The Sonet will be positioned in the highly-competitive sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment of the Indian market. Once launched it will also be the entry-level offering from Kia Motors, positioned below the Seltos. Prices for the SUV are expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kia Sonet will be offered with a choice of three engine options. This includes 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit producing 81bhp and 115Nm of torque and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol producing 117bhp and 170Nm of torque.
The 1.2-litre unit will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, while the turbo-petrol engine will be paired with either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit.
Apart from the two petrol engines, the Sonet will also be offered with a 1.5-litre diesel unit. This engine will further be offered in two-state-of tunes. The lower option produces 97bhp and 240Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual. The higher-state-of-tune churns out 110bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and is paired with a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
All variants and trims on the Kia Sonet will come packed with a host of features and equipment, with many segment-firsts as well. Some of the features on the upcoming compact-SUV include a LED projector headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Kia's UVO connected technology, wireless charging, automatic climate control, cruise control, ventilated seats and many more.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Kia Sonet Compact-SUV Launch Date In India
The Kia Sonet was first showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo. Since then, the SUV has gone on to become one of the most-awaited models in the Indian market.
Once launched in India, the Sonet will take on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and even other upcoming models like the Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Nissan Magnite.