- 9 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Sports Ministry decides to name all new, upgraded SAI facilities after sportspersons
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Kia Motors has revealed the prices for its top-of-the-line GTX+ variant of the Sonet compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet GTX+ variant, powered by both petrol and diesel engine options comes with a starting price of Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Sonet GTX+ is the brand's range-topping trim and comes powered by either the 1.0-litre T-GDI petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed DCT.
There is also the higher-tuned 1.5-litre diesel unit on offer, producing 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Both engines also come with multiple drive and traction control modes as well.
The GTX+ trim is the sporty variant in the Kia Sonet's model lineup. Hence, the compact-SUV also features a host of sporty elements, features and highlights. This includes red accents all around the exterior of the SUV, red-contrast stitching on the inside, leatherette upholstery all around, d-cut steering wheel with ‘GT-Line' logo and sporty metal pedals.
Being the top-of-the-line variant, the Kia Sonet GTX+ trim also comes with a host of comfort, convenience and premium features and equipment. This includes an electric sunroof, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UVO connect technology, BOSE premium sound system with seven speakers, ventilated front seats, 4.2-inch MID on the instrument cluster, wireless charging, Smart Key LED sound mood lighting and many more.
The Kia Sonet was launched in India on the 18th of September. Apart from the top-specs GTX+ variant, the compact-SUV is also offered in a range of 5 trims: HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTK+. Prices for the Sonet compact-SUV starts from Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (India) for the base variant.
Also, apart from the two engines mentioned above, Kia also offers the Sonet with a 1.2-litre petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. This engine is offered on the lower variants of the Sonet.
We got to drive the GTX+ variants of the Kia Sonet, even before its launch in the Indian market and were completely impressed. The Kia Sonet GTX+ variant is packed with features, while both the petrol and diesel engines offer a confident and sporty drive — here is our review of the same.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet GTX+ Variant Prices
The Kia Sonet GTX+ variants already have the highest demand compared to other trims offered on the compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the recently introduced Toyota Urban Cruiser as well.