- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Kia Motors has revealed the prices for its top-of-the-line GTX+ variant of the Sonet compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet GTX+ variant, powered by both petrol and diesel engine options comes with a starting price of Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Sonet GTX+ is the brand's range-topping trim and comes powered by either the 1.0-litre T-GDI petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed DCT.
There is also the higher-tuned 1.5-litre diesel unit on offer, producing 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Both engines also come with multiple drive and traction control modes as well.
The GTX+ trim is the sporty variant in the Kia Sonet's model lineup. Hence, the compact-SUV also features a host of sporty elements, features and highlights. This includes red accents all around the exterior of the SUV, red-contrast stitching on the inside, leatherette upholstery all around, d-cut steering wheel with ‘GT-Line' logo and sporty metal pedals.
Being the top-of-the-line variant, the Kia Sonet GTX+ trim also comes with a host of comfort, convenience and premium features and equipment. This includes an electric sunroof, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UVO connect technology, BOSE premium sound system with seven speakers, ventilated front seats, 4.2-inch MID on the instrument cluster, wireless charging, Smart Key LED sound mood lighting and many more.
The Kia Sonet was launched in India on the 18th of September. Apart from the top-specs GTX+ variant, the compact-SUV is also offered in a range of 5 trims: HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTK+. Prices for the Sonet compact-SUV starts from Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (India) for the base variant.
Also, apart from the two engines mentioned above, Kia also offers the Sonet with a 1.2-litre petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. This engine is offered on the lower variants of the Sonet.
We got to drive the GTX+ variants of the Kia Sonet, even before its launch in the Indian market and were completely impressed. The Kia Sonet GTX+ variant is packed with features, while both the petrol and diesel engines offer a confident and sporty drive — here is our review of the same.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet GTX+ Variant Prices
The Kia Sonet GTX+ variants already have the highest demand compared to other trims offered on the compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the recently introduced Toyota Urban Cruiser as well.