- 1 hr ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Comedian Rohan Joshi Receives Threats After Old Posts Go Viral, Deactivates Twitter
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Sports US Open still on, but USTA cancels other events
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motor India is all set to introduce its third model in the Indian market, the Sonet. The new Kia Sonet is a compact-SUV and will be positioned below the popular Seltos offering in the brand's lineup.
The Kia Sonet was first showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February. The South Korean carmaker is now scheduled to introduce the Sonet in the Indian market in the next couple of months.
Once launched in India, the Kia Sonet will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300. Kia will also be hoping to recreate the same if not better success of its Seltos SUV, which received an overwhelming response.
To do this, Kia will be offering the Sonet with a host of features, stylish design and a number of engine and transmission options to choose from. While features such as LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control are expected to be offered as standard. Gaadiwaadi reports that the compact-SUV could also feature a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system as well.
If introduced, the 10.25-inch touchscreen system will be the largest in the segment. The touchscreen infotainment display could also feature the brand's UVO Connect technology as well, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other premium features expected flat-bottom steering wheel, wireless charging, ambient lighting and sunroof; among others.
Apart from the premium features and equipment, the Kia Sonet will also come with a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. These engines will be borrowed from the Sonet's cousin, the Hyundai Venue and includes the 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-GDi petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. All three engines could produce the same power and torque as on the Hyundai Venue, while also receiving the same transmission options as well.
Thoughts About The Features Expected On The Kia Sonet SUV
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's new entry-level model in the Indian market once launched in India. The Kia Sonet is expected to be priced aggressively, with a starting price to be around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom.