- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 16 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Is Dain Davis A Part Of The Reality Show?
- News Remember his promise- 'Main Desh nahi jhukne doonga': Rahul slams Centre over 'Chinese' village in Arunachal
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Kia Motors is gearing up for the global premiere of the Sonet on August 7, 2020. The company is regularly releasing new updates of the upcoming compact-SUV in the Indian market. Recently, Kia unveiled the interior and exterior sketches of the sub-4m SUV. The Kia Sonet will be the brand's third model in the Indian market, after the Seltos debut and the Carnival MPV.
However, according to a latest report by TeamBHP, some variants of the Kia Sonet have been revealed. The sub-4m SUV is expected to get the GT Line and Tech Line trims like the Seltos. Moreover, some of the Kia dealers have also started accepting bookings unofficially for an amount of Rs 25,000.
The GT Line is expected to come in three variants: GTK, GTX and GTX+ and the Tech Line is expected to get four variants: HTE, HTK, HTX and HTX+. The Kia Sonet shares its platform with the Hyundai Venue and is likely to launch in the Indian market around the festive season this year.
Speaking about the design, the Sonet will feature a muscular stance with chunky body cladding all-around. The compact SUV's looks are further complemented with the inclusion of large dual-tone alloy wheels, roof rails, and scuff plates at both ends. The car will also get the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, split-tail lamps with an LED light bar running across the boot-lid along with an integrated roof spoiler and an LED stop lamp.
On the inside, Kia is expected to pack the SUV with many best-in-class features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that will support Android Auto, Apple CarPlay. The Sonet will also feature the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features.
Mechanically, the Sonet will be available with a host of engine and powertrain options. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel unit, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. The 1.2-litre petrol will come mated to a five-speed manual or an iVT automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel will come mated to a six-speed manual with an optional torque converter. While the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo engine will be offered with either an iMT or a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts About The All-New Kia Sonet
The Kia Sonet is one of the most-awaited compact sub-4-metre SUVs in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Kia Sonet will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon. We expect the company to price the Sonet SUV between the Rs 8 to 12 lakh mark (ex-showroom).