- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 18 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Shares A Closer Glimpse Of Younger Son With Taimur On Mother’s Day, SEE PIC
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- Sports Boxing: Mandeep Jangra wins maiden pro bout in USA
- Finance IDFC First Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD, Check New Rates Here
- News PM Modi speaks to CMs of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand on COVID situation
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Kia Motors India is said to hike prices of its Sonet & Seltos SUV models in the Indian market. The increase in prices on both SUV models will come into effect from the 1st of January 2021.
Although there is no official announcement at this time, a document has been doing the rounds on social media, which reveals details of the upcoming price hike from Kia Motors. As per the letter, Kia will be increasing the prices of its Sonet and Seltos SUVs in the country.
Kia Motors has cited rising key commodity prices and transportation costs as the main reason for the increase. It also states that the 31st of December will mark the end of the introductory pricing offer for the Kia Sonet compact-SUV in the Indian market.
The document also states that the price increase on both models will be substantial, although the exact hike amount will be announced on the 1st of January. The price hike will be applicable to all bookings existing as on the 31st December 2020. However, customers taking delivery of their SUVs in December will not be affected by the price increase.
Currently, the Kia Sonet comes with a price tag starting from Rs 6.71 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 12.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The Sonet is the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and was launched back in September 2020. The Kia Sonet has already received a positive response in the market becoming the best-selling compact-SUV in the country for the month of November 2020.
Similarly, the Kia Seltos is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 9.99 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 17.55 lakh. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi). This will be the second price hike for the Seltos in India, after the first increase took place in January 2020.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet & Seltos Price Hike In India
Kia Motors has quickly gone on to become a household name in the country, ever since its entry in the Indian market with the Seltos back in August 2019. The company currently has three products in India, which includes the Carnival MPV apart from the two SUVs mentioned above.