- 9 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Kia Motors India is said to hike prices of its Sonet & Seltos SUV models in the Indian market. The increase in prices on both SUV models will come into effect from the 1st of January 2021.
Although there is no official announcement at this time, a document has been doing the rounds on social media, which reveals details of the upcoming price hike from Kia Motors. As per the letter, Kia will be increasing the prices of its Sonet and Seltos SUVs in the country.
Kia Motors has cited rising key commodity prices and transportation costs as the main reason for the increase. It also states that the 31st of December will mark the end of the introductory pricing offer for the Kia Sonet compact-SUV in the Indian market.
The document also states that the price increase on both models will be substantial, although the exact hike amount will be announced on the 1st of January. The price hike will be applicable to all bookings existing as on the 31st December 2020. However, customers taking delivery of their SUVs in December will not be affected by the price increase.
Currently, the Kia Sonet comes with a price tag starting from Rs 6.71 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 12.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The Sonet is the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and was launched back in September 2020. The Kia Sonet has already received a positive response in the market becoming the best-selling compact-SUV in the country for the month of November 2020.
Similarly, the Kia Seltos is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 9.99 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 17.55 lakh. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi). This will be the second price hike for the Seltos in India, after the first increase took place in January 2020.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet & Seltos Price Hike In India
Kia Motors has quickly gone on to become a household name in the country, ever since its entry in the Indian market with the Seltos back in August 2019. The company currently has three products in India, which includes the Carnival MPV apart from the two SUVs mentioned above.