- 3 min ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Celebrates One Year Of Super 30; ‘Went Through Hell For A Glimpse Of Heaven’
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Kia Seltos has started its new year with a bang. The SUV has reached a milestone by crossing 1,00,000 units as far as bookings are concerned. The Seltos SUV became an overnight sensation when launched during August next year.
The Korean SUV went on to hit the 50,000 and 80,000 mark in bookings during October and November last year. While December was not a fantastic month for the Seltos, booking numbers seem to have bounced back.
The company says that the demand for diesel models of the Seltos has been way more than what they estimated at the start of production. The SUV also witnesses demand for top-end trims.
Kia Motors also said that a majority of the bookings are for the top-of-the-line GTX+ (1.4 T-GDI petrol), the HTX (1.5 petrol), and the HTX+ (1.5 diesel) models, and a massive demand for automatics across all three engine types.
Manohar Bhat the Vice President and Head of Sales & Marketing at Kia Motors India said, "2019 has been an outstanding year for Kia Motors India. The year saw multiple launches and new vehicles in the automobile industry."
"We are glad that Seltos received the strongest response and appreciation amongst all. Despite the prolonged slowdown, we delivered a huge number of Seltos SUVs," he added.
The Kia Seltos is possibly the fastest-selling car in its segment, and rightly so. The SUV sports a sharp and aggressive design, features a blacked-out mesh grille that is flanked on either side by a pair of LED headlamps.
The headlamp assembly features integrated LED DRLs that extend over the front grille. The front bumpers feature ice-cube styled fog lights, and a large central air dam.
The Seltos features LED tail lights, a thin chrome strip at the center of the boot lid that also has the Kia badging. The bumper features reflectors at either end, and also features scuff plates as well.
The interiors of the Kia Seltos come fully loaded with creature comforts. The cabin features a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatible.
The vehicle also features Kia's proprietary UVO Connectivity app. The Seltos also features a 7-inch instrument console, and steering-mounted controls, among a host of other features.
The Kia Seltos is available with three engine options - the first is a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 115bhp of power and 144Nm of torque. The second is a more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 140bhp of power and 242Nm of torque.
The third engine option is a 1.5-litre diesel unit that produces 115bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. All engine come are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The company also offers a choice of three automatic transmissions. The 1.5-litre petrol is available with CVT unit, the 1.4-litre turbo petrol is available with a seven-speed DCT gearbox, and the diesel is available with an IVT automatic transmission.
The Kia Seltos is currently priced between Rs 9.69 lakh, and Rs 16.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The company had announced a price hike starting January, but has not revealed any information just yet.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Receiving Over 1,00,000 Bookings Since Launch
Wow! This is great for Kia, and great for the Seltos. To receive over 1 lakh bookings within five months is a major milestone to have crossed. Kudos to Kia Motors for having created such a gem of a product. We're sure the Seltos will create more records. It is destined to.