- 38 min ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- 2 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 5 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Homemade Face Mask Revealed; Here’s How To Make It
- News Explained: Migrants' 'ghar wapsi' behind COVID-19 spike in India?
- Finance Commercial Coal Mining Can Halve Annual Import Bill
- Sports Mike Tyson could launch comeback against Tito Ortiz, MMA star claims
- Movies Governor Of Veneto Confirms, Venice Film Festival To Go Ahead With 2020 Edition
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors India has increased prices of the Seltos SUV in the Indian market. The new prices for the Kia Seltos have already been implemented from the 2nd of January 2020. Kia Motors has also updated the new price list on its official website as well.
The Kia Seltos now comes with a price hike ranging between Rs 20,000 to Rs 35,000; depending on the variant and fuel chosen.
With the hike in prices, the Kia Seltos now comes with a starting amount of Rs 9.89 lakh, compared to the Rs 9.69 lakh at the time of launch. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here is the table showing the price hike for various variants of the Kia Seltos.
|Model||Variant||Increase In Ex-showroom Prices|
|Tech line - Petrol||HTE||Rs 20,000|
|All other trims||Rs 30,000|
|GT line - Petrol||All trims||Rs 30,000|
|Tech line - Diesel||All trims||Rs 35,000|
The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling SUV in the Indian market. Launched back in August 2019, the Seltos quickly grew to become one of the top-selling cars in the Indian market, overtaking the likes of even the Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Venue.
The Seltos is offered with a host of features, which along with the sporty and aggressive styling, makes it a very attractive package. Kia also offers the Seltos with a range of powerful engine options; all of which are compliant with the upcoming BS6 emission norms in the Indian market.
These engine choices include a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. The two 1.5-litre petrol and diesel offerings churn out 115bhp with 144Nm and 252Nm of torque, respectively. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, however, churns out 144bhp and 242Nm of torque.
All three engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Kia also offers three different automatic transmission options for the engines: CVT, IVT and DCT.
The Kia Seltos has been improving in sales month-on-month. This included over 14,000 units of sales in November 2019 alone. However, the sales dropped drastically in December 2019, with Kia registering just 4,645 units; a 67% decline.
The Kia Seltos is the first brand in the Indian market. The company is now working on introducing the next model, the Carnival MPV in the country. The new Kia Carnival is expected to be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020 in February this year. Kia has already released a number of teasers of the upcoming luxury MPV, ahead of its launch.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Price Hike In India
The hike in prices by Kia Motors for the Seltos was already officially announced earlier in December 2019. The hike marked the end of the extended introductory prices offered by the brand in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos is the first product from the brand in the Indian market, rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier; among others.