- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019, with the launch of the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos has now become the best-selling SUV in the country, registering an average of 15,000 units of sales month-on-month.
According to a 2019 sales report from Autopunditz, the Kia Seltos registered a total sales of 45,494 units between August to December. Among this, the company registered 24,920 units of sales from the petrol variants while the diesel sales accounted for the remaining 20,574 units.
This translates to the sales of the petrol variants accounting for just under 55% of the total sales volume. The reason behind the preference of the petrol-powered engines is mainly its availability. Customers also generally have a better acceptance of petrol-powered vehicles than diesel.
The Kia Seltos is also offered with two petrol engines, while there is only one diesel unit. The petrol engines offered on the SUV include a 1.5-litre and a 1.4-litre turbo. The standard 1.5-litre unit produces 115bhp and 144Nm of torque.
The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churns out 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the choice of a CVT for the 1.5-litre unit and DCT for the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The diesel variants are powered by a single 1.5-litre unit, churning out the same 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. It also comes mated to a standard six-speed manual with the optional IVT automatic transmission unit.
The Kia Seltos is a mid-size SUV offering from the brand and comes with a host of features. The company also offers the Seltos is two generic trim-levels: Tech-Line and GT-Line. The Kia Seltos comes with a starting price of Rs 10 lakh, while the top-spec variants is priced at Rs 17 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Petrol Vs Diesel Model Sales
The Kia Seltos is an extremely attractive looking SUV in the Indian market with sharp lines, host of features and strong-performing engines. The Kia Seltos rivals the likes of the MG Hector, Tata Harrier and the recently launched 2020 Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.