- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019 with the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos positioned in the mid-size SUV segment in India received an extremely overwhelming response and soon became the best-selling car in the country as well.
There were also rumours about Kia Motors working on an electric version of the Seltos SUV. Although with no confirmations, these remained to be just rumours. Now, IAB has released a document confirming the Kia Seltos electric SUV.
As seen from the document, the new Kia Seltos electric SUV is scheduled to have its global debut later this year. The Seltos electric SUV is also likely to go on sale only in the Chinese market, with no other international markets expected to receive the electric SUV as well.
According to reports, the new EV could be introduced in the Chinese market as the next-generation Kia KX3 EV. The current-generation KX3 EV model uses the underpinnings of the Hyundai Creta and comes powered by a 45.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, It is mated to an electric motor producing 110bhp and 285Nm of peak torque.
The electric powertrain is said to offer a maximum range of around 300km on a single charge and reach a top speed of 150km/h.
Reports also suggest that the Kia Seltos EV once launched in the Chinese market could be introduced in two variants: Standard and Long-Range. This will be similar to its sibling, the Hyundai Kona EV.
Coming back to the Indian market, the Kia Seltos is offered with three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, both producing 115bhp and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual with varying automatic transmission units on offer.
The South Korean carmaker is currently working on introducing its third model in the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is scheduled to go on sale in the coming months. The Sonet will be the first compact-SUV offering from the brand and positioned below the Seltos in the Indian lineup.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Electric SUV
The Kia Seltos electric SUV has been confirmed for the Chinese market, as per the leaked documents. The electric version of the Kia Seltos entering the Indian market is extremely unlikely, although it wouldn't be such a bad idea.