- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Movies The Hindi Rights Of Dhruva Sarja’s Pogaru Sold For Rs 7.2 Crore, The Film May Release On December 25 Or January 14
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019 with the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos positioned in the mid-size SUV segment in India received an extremely overwhelming response and soon became the best-selling car in the country as well.
There were also rumours about Kia Motors working on an electric version of the Seltos SUV. Although with no confirmations, these remained to be just rumours. Now, IAB has released a document confirming the Kia Seltos electric SUV.
As seen from the document, the new Kia Seltos electric SUV is scheduled to have its global debut later this year. The Seltos electric SUV is also likely to go on sale only in the Chinese market, with no other international markets expected to receive the electric SUV as well.
According to reports, the new EV could be introduced in the Chinese market as the next-generation Kia KX3 EV. The current-generation KX3 EV model uses the underpinnings of the Hyundai Creta and comes powered by a 45.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, It is mated to an electric motor producing 110bhp and 285Nm of peak torque.
The electric powertrain is said to offer a maximum range of around 300km on a single charge and reach a top speed of 150km/h.
Reports also suggest that the Kia Seltos EV once launched in the Chinese market could be introduced in two variants: Standard and Long-Range. This will be similar to its sibling, the Hyundai Kona EV.
Coming back to the Indian market, the Kia Seltos is offered with three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, both producing 115bhp and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual with varying automatic transmission units on offer.
The South Korean carmaker is currently working on introducing its third model in the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is scheduled to go on sale in the coming months. The Sonet will be the first compact-SUV offering from the brand and positioned below the Seltos in the Indian lineup.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Electric SUV
The Kia Seltos electric SUV has been confirmed for the Chinese market, as per the leaked documents. The electric version of the Kia Seltos entering the Indian market is extremely unlikely, although it wouldn't be such a bad idea.