- 7 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 13 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Sports Vaughan hurls spot-fixing barb on Butt in war of words on who's greater between Kohli and Kane
- News Coronavirus fears: 30 deaths in two weeks in V K Singh’s village
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni Fame Abhilasha Jakhar And Vineet Kumar Chaudhary Blessed With A Baby Boy; SEE PIC
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Against a background of the best-selling Seltos SUV and a fantastic display of products at the Auto Expo 2020, Kia Motors dismissed reports of a relocation of their Anantapur facility. Reports suggested that Kia Motors was facing difficulty because of recent policy changes.
In a statement issued on Friday, the South Korean auto giant highlighted that it continues to have the full support of the Andhra Pradesh government, and also that it was committed to its long term plans in the region.
The statement read, "The recent reports about the relocation of our manufacturing facility outside of Andhra Pradesh are not true. We are receiving full support from the State Government of Andhra Pradesh under the dynamic leadership of Shri Jagan Mohan Reddy. Kia has a long term commitment to the Indian market, and has made an investment of USD 1.1 billion in the manufacturing plant at Anantapur."
The statement continued to say that the company would continue to offer world class, made-in-Anantpur vehicles, and would continue to offer mobility experiences to its customers.
Kia Motors also requested its customers in India to ignore any reports that were not issued by the company, and to ignore those that hold no facts.
Kia inaugurated its Anantapur facility last December, and it currently occupies 536 acres. The production facility is capable of an annual production capacity of up to 3 lakh units. As part of its long term plan for the region, the company expects to create 3,000 direct, and 7,000 indirect jobs across Andhra Pradesh.
In addition to Kia Motors dismissing rumors of a relocation, officials from the State Government issued statements as well. The Special Chief Secretary of Industries, Investments & Commerce, of the state government said that news of Kia Motors shifting from Andhra Pradesh was untrue, and that the company and the state government are working together.
Thoughts About Kia Motors Dismissing News Of Relocating Their Anantapur Facility
Of course. We're sure Kia Motors didn't invest millions of dollars just to relocate two months after inaugurating a facility. Kia has come into the country with every intention of staying and becoming one of the top five manufacturers by 2021, and the Anantapur facility is their home base.