- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 17 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology Redmi Display 1A Monitor Announced With Thin-Bezel Design, Affordable Price Tag
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Against a background of the best-selling Seltos SUV and a fantastic display of products at the Auto Expo 2020, Kia Motors dismissed reports of a relocation of their Anantapur facility. Reports suggested that Kia Motors was facing difficulty because of recent policy changes.
In a statement issued on Friday, the South Korean auto giant highlighted that it continues to have the full support of the Andhra Pradesh government, and also that it was committed to its long term plans in the region.
The statement read, "The recent reports about the relocation of our manufacturing facility outside of Andhra Pradesh are not true. We are receiving full support from the State Government of Andhra Pradesh under the dynamic leadership of Shri Jagan Mohan Reddy. Kia has a long term commitment to the Indian market, and has made an investment of USD 1.1 billion in the manufacturing plant at Anantapur."
The statement continued to say that the company would continue to offer world class, made-in-Anantpur vehicles, and would continue to offer mobility experiences to its customers.
Kia Motors also requested its customers in India to ignore any reports that were not issued by the company, and to ignore those that hold no facts.
Kia inaugurated its Anantapur facility last December, and it currently occupies 536 acres. The production facility is capable of an annual production capacity of up to 3 lakh units. As part of its long term plan for the region, the company expects to create 3,000 direct, and 7,000 indirect jobs across Andhra Pradesh.
In addition to Kia Motors dismissing rumors of a relocation, officials from the State Government issued statements as well. The Special Chief Secretary of Industries, Investments & Commerce, of the state government said that news of Kia Motors shifting from Andhra Pradesh was untrue, and that the company and the state government are working together.
Thoughts About Kia Motors Dismissing News Of Relocating Their Anantapur Facility
Of course. We're sure Kia Motors didn't invest millions of dollars just to relocate two months after inaugurating a facility. Kia has come into the country with every intention of staying and becoming one of the top five manufacturers by 2021, and the Anantapur facility is their home base.