- 13 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 16 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
South Korean auto giant, Kia Motors Corporation is in the process of researching how it can use its manufacturing facility at China to produce face masks in light if the Covid-19 pandemic. The company however, has not committed towards a deadline.
Kia's statement comes after the government of China has reached out to, and encouraged auto manufacturers to produce face masks that are quickly becoming a luxury in the Covid-19 infested country.
The announcement follows Fiat Chrysler Automobiles who said last week that it was planning to use one of it's Asian facilities to produces face masks for healthcare workers, and is preparing to produce one million masks per month. Production is expected to begin in weeks.
Other auto manufacturers too have begun dialogues with multiple Governments for production of ventilators and other medical equipment that is the need of the hour. In fact, multiple Governments have reached out to Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Nissan, and other manufactures to help with production of medical equipment.
Mahindra has started researching how it can use its manufacturing facilities to produce ventilators, and has started converting its resort properties into temporary healthcare facilities. German giants Volkswagen is currently researching using its 125 industrial 3D printers to manufacture ventilators needed to treat the fast-spreading disease.
Sports luxury car manufacturer, Porsche, is researching how they can contribute to relief efforts, while BMW said they were read to help with production when needed.
Swedish auto manufacturer, Volvo, requested Governments to coordinate their curfews and efforts in order to contain the deadly Coronavirus-19. The company supports and concurs that drastic measures will contain and eradicate the disease.
Thoughts About Kia Motors Researching Manufacture Of Face Masks In China
We think any form of help to contain Covid-19 is more than welcome, and are grateful to the Auto Industry for stepping up to fight. In fact, with a 21 day lock down announced across the globe (not all regions are on a 21 day lock down), most of the Industry have, and are using the opportunity to research and manufacture medical equipment. We think medical help will be here soon, at least as far as ventilators and other equipment is concerned.