- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Kia Motors India has announced that it has sold over 50,000 connected cars In the country. The company currently lists two vehicles in the Indian market, the Seltos and the Carnival premium MPV, both of them featuring internet connectivity.
The company has achieved this feat within just over 10 months of its first product launch in the country. Called the UVO Connect is an advanced and innovative connected car technology that seamlessly integrates to a smartphone.
At the start, the company launched the UVO Connect with 37 smart features that debut with the Seltos SUV last year. Over time, it has vastly improved the connected technology that now features over 50 command features.
The updated list of UVO command features includes some of the latest enhancement made by the company. This includes the new UVO voice assist wake up command, which wakes up the system by simply saying "Hello Kia".
Other updates made to the connected technology include Calling, Weather Information, Time and Date, Indian Holiday Information, Cricket Score, Media Control, Navigation Control and Climate Control.
Additionally, the UVO Smart Watch App Connectivity option offers added convenience of using the connectivity features through a Smart Watch, built on Android, iOS or Tizen operating systems.
Mr Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India, said, "We have attained this landmark figure due to our strong determination and continuous efforts to bring innovation and next-gen technology to our customers. At Kia Motors India, we are committed to meet new consumer demands and fill the gap in what's offered to them."
He further added, "Kia's innovative UVO connect technology has brought about a significant change in the way owners engage with their cars in India. Now with the updated UVO connect features in the new Seltos and upcoming Sonet, Kia has made driving even more fun, safe, convenient and comfortable."
The UVO Connect technology also has features to secure your vehicle from getting stolen offering enhanced anti-theft features. This includes Stolen Vehicle Notification which has helped customers remotely immobilise their stolen vehicle with the help of Kia's dedicated call centre. Other safety and security features include Auto Collision notification, remote Smart Pure Air activation, and more.
Kia Motors has also introduced the country's first car Insurance that leverages the brand connected car features for its customers. The unique policy is specifically designed for the brand's customers which offers them a comprehensive benefit and claim settlements with ease and on priority. The program is being offered by Bajaj Allianz & ICICI Lombard GIC.
Thoughts About The Kia Motors Sells Over 50,000 Connected Cars In India & Improves UVO Technology
Kia Motors India sells over 50,000 connected cars in the India market. It has also substantially improved the connected features by adding a host of new commands. The company is gearing up to introduce their third-connected product in the market, the Sonnet compact-SUV during the festive season this year.