- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Good Luck Jerry’s Shoot Disrupted By Protestors In Patiala
- Sports Eden Hazard's story at Real Madrid so far
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Kia Motors has announced the restart of production operations at their plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The company has stated that they will first clear pending orders from domestic and export markets.
Kia Motors resumed operations of their plant on the 8th of May, 2020. The company will begin production in a single shift, with full operations set to resume only after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
The Anantapur facility of Kia Motors had remained closed since the 23rd of March, 2020 when the government announced a nationwide lockdown. Although the lockdown period has been extended, the central and state governments have relaxed the regulations slightly, allowing businesses to restart.
The restart of business operations in India, will also vastly help the country rebuild the economy, which has suffered a massive hit since the shutdown. As part of the lockdown relaxations, vehicle manufacturers are now allowed to restart partial operations, while still maintaining social distancing and safety protocols.
Kia Motors announced that they have resumed operations at both factory and dealership levels. The company has opened dealerships across all green zones in India. These dealerships will ensure the safety of both staff and customers, by strictly adhering to the guidelines announced by the government.
Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"These are unprecedented conditions and we are committed to adapting to the new norms of the world while we work towards normalcy. Our initial focus is to keep our employees motivated, retain a positive outlook and deliver on our promises to our customers"
He further added, "Kia Motors India priorities are to clear pending orders for the best-selling Seltos and luxurious Carnival, and also to prepare the line for the eagerly anticipated compact SUV, Sonet. Our stakeholders, including suppliers and logistics partners, are all in-line with the current production and have assured us support in case we have to increase production volumes over the coming days."
Thoughts About Kia Motors Restarting Operations In India
Kia Motors currently has two products in the Indian market, the Seltos and the Carnival; both of which have been received extremely well in the country. The lockdown has had a massive hit in sales for all vehicle manufacturers, while also forcing auto brands to postpone multiple new product launches as well.