- 3 hrs ago 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Price Hiked: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- 7 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Ola Lays Off 1,400 Employees As Part Of Major Downsizing Operation
- Movies Kabir Khan Is Very Clear That He Will Be Releasing ’83 In The Theatre
- Sports Coronavirus: IOA hands over Rs 2 crore to Sports Minister on behalf of NSFs, athletes
- News AP BJP chief's daughter-in-law collapses, dies in Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors India has announced that they will be contributing to the Andhra Pradesh CM's Relief Fund to help the state fight against the deadly virus. The company stated they will be donating an amount of Rs crore towards the relief fund.
The company stated that the donation will be used for both immediate and long-term relief in the state. Kia Motors is also committed to extending any support required to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which has put the entire country under lockdown.
Kia Motors also announced that they will be offering customers an extension of the free service period for their vehicles. All customer vehicles whose free scheduled service falls during the lockdown period will receive a 2 months extension.
Kia Motors joins the long list of automotive manufacturers who have pledged their support to fight the deadly coronavirus in India. Many companies such as Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra, MG Motors, Ford; among others, have been supporting both the central and state governments during this period.
This is either in the form of monetary donations towards various relief funds or through the production of medical equipment. Many companies have started producing equipment like ventilators, face shields and other protective aids for doctors and healthcare workers to use while treating COVID-19 patients.
Most automobile manufacturers, including Kia Motors, have shut down their facilities indefinitely. This is part of the PM's announcement on the 23rd March for a 21-day nationwide lockdown. India has currently registered over 4000 cases of the deadly virus across the country.
The auto industry has suffered a massive decline in sales for the past two months. This declining trend is expected to continue for the next few months as well, as customer sentiments for purchasing new vehicles will be on the lower side.
Sales of the Kia products, including the Seltos and Carnival have decreased as well. However, during the month of March 2020, the Kia Seltos continued to retain the title of the 'best-selling SUV in the country.
Thoughts On Kia Motors' Donation Towards The Fight Against COVID-19
The entire auto industry, although suffering huge losses due to sales, is supporting the central and respective state governments to 'flatten the curve' of the coronavirus pandemic in India. Kia Motors joins the long list of such companies, doing their bit to support the fight against the deadly virus.