- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Kia Motors has announced that they have sold over 1 lakh units of connected cars in India. According to the company, one in every two cars sold by them is equipped with their UVO connected technology. Kia Motors now becomes the first car brand in India to cross the 1 lakh connected car sales milestone.
The company also mentioned that connected cars account to 55 per cent of their total sales in the Indian market, since the start of operations.
Kia Motors also stated that of all the connected cars offered by them, the Seltos GTX Plus DCT with the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit is the top-selling model. The top-spec Seltos SUV accounted for almost 15 per cent of Kia's total connected car sales.
Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors India said,
"For today's internet-savvy generation, a car should be their extension in every aspect including connectivity which can ease mobility."
"Our advanced UVO connect technology is a breakthrough effort in this direction which integrates smart devices with our cars for enabling a seamless, safer and memorable drive experience."
"Technology has always been at the focal point since our maiden launch in the country and we are elated to achieve one more milestone in-car connectivity."
Talking about the brand's UVO connect technology, the feature seamlessly integrates the customer's smartphone with its infotainment system.
The UVO Connect also offers customers an additional 57 connected features from live vehicle tracking, vehicle status, voice commands, remote operations of air purifier, air conditioning and engine start/stop. It also comes with features such as geofencing, immobilisation, SOS emergency assistance and many others.
The UVO Connect is available across all three models from Kia Motors, currently on sale in the Indian market. This includes the Seltos, Carnival and the latest Sonet compact-SUV. All three models have also been accepted extremely well in the Indian market, with the Sonet even registering the highest sales in its segment in the previous month of November 2020.
Thoughts On The Kia Connected Car Sales In India
Kia Motors in its 16 months of operations in India has become an extremely popular brand in the market. The company has hit all the right chords in India with all three of its products.