- 28 min ago Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 34 min ago Mercedes-Benz EQS Luxury Electric Vehicle Revealed: The New Standard For Luxurious EVs?
- 1 hr ago Honda Cars India Recall Campaign Extended Over Possible Faulty Fuel Pump: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Cars Prices Increased On Select Models: Here Are All Details
- News 'Strong evidence' coronavirus predominantly spreads through air: Lancet study
- Movies Ritesh Sidhwani Meets Lieutenant Governor Of Jammu And Kashmir; Calls It An 'Absolute Honour'
- Technology Banned On WhatsApp Unexpectedly? This Could Be The Reason
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Toss report: MS Dhoni plays 200th game for Chennai Super Kings, opts to bowl
- Lifestyle Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- Education JEE Main 2021: Students Demand Postponement Of JEE Main After CBSE Class 12 Board Exam
- Finance SBI Customers Can Now Convert Their Purchase Into EMI Starting From Rs 52, Here's How
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Kia Motors has announced their sales figures in the Indian market for the month of June 2020. As per the report, the South Korean carmaker has registered 7,275 units of sales in the country in the previous month. This is a relatively massive improvement compared to its sales in May 2020, when the lockdown regulations were eased.
Out of the total vehicles sales in June 2020, the Seltos registered 7,114 units while sales of the Carnival MPV stood at 161 units. The Kia Seltos also became the third best-selling car and the second best-selling SUV in the country for the month of June 2020.
Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors India said
"While the pandemic refuses to subside, the country is somehow trying to sustain and prepare itself to live with the COVID-19 effects. Last few months have been testing for the consumers as well as the industry. The COVID-19 and lockdown constraints limited our sales this month, but we are sure of delivering many more cars to our customers in July."
Kia recently introduced the 2020 Seltos SUV in the Indian market recently as well. The new Kia Seltos 2020 comes with a host of updates, including a new dual-tone paint scheme. However, mechanically the 2020 Seltos remains unchanged.
The Seltos SUV comes powered by three engine options: two petrol and one diesel; all of which are compliant with the BS6 emission norms. This includes a 140bhp 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, 115bhp NA petrol and 115bhp diesel engines. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed gearbox, with the option of three different automatic transmissions, depending on the engine and variants chosen.
Apart from the current two models on sale in the Indian market, Kia Motors is also working on introducing the Sonet SUV in the country. The Kia Sonet is scheduled to go on sale in India from August this year and will be positioned below the Seltos in the brand's product lineup. The Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and once introduced in India will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Tata Nexon; among others.
Thoughts About The Kia Car Sales In India For June 2020
The Kia car sales in the month of June 2020 has witnessed a significant improvement, compared to May. The demand is further expected to increase in the coming months, especially with the arrival of the Sonet compact-SUV.