- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Kia Motors has announced their sales figures in the Indian market for the month of June 2020. As per the report, the South Korean carmaker has registered 7,275 units of sales in the country in the previous month. This is a relatively massive improvement compared to its sales in May 2020, when the lockdown regulations were eased.
Out of the total vehicles sales in June 2020, the Seltos registered 7,114 units while sales of the Carnival MPV stood at 161 units. The Kia Seltos also became the third best-selling car and the second best-selling SUV in the country for the month of June 2020.
Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors India said
"While the pandemic refuses to subside, the country is somehow trying to sustain and prepare itself to live with the COVID-19 effects. Last few months have been testing for the consumers as well as the industry. The COVID-19 and lockdown constraints limited our sales this month, but we are sure of delivering many more cars to our customers in July."
Kia recently introduced the 2020 Seltos SUV in the Indian market recently as well. The new Kia Seltos 2020 comes with a host of updates, including a new dual-tone paint scheme. However, mechanically the 2020 Seltos remains unchanged.
The Seltos SUV comes powered by three engine options: two petrol and one diesel; all of which are compliant with the BS6 emission norms. This includes a 140bhp 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, 115bhp NA petrol and 115bhp diesel engines. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed gearbox, with the option of three different automatic transmissions, depending on the engine and variants chosen.
Apart from the current two models on sale in the Indian market, Kia Motors is also working on introducing the Sonet SUV in the country. The Kia Sonet is scheduled to go on sale in India from August this year and will be positioned below the Seltos in the brand's product lineup. The Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and once introduced in India will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Tata Nexon; among others.
Thoughts About The Kia Car Sales In India For June 2020
The Kia car sales in the month of June 2020 has witnessed a significant improvement, compared to May. The demand is further expected to increase in the coming months, especially with the arrival of the Sonet compact-SUV.