- 36 min ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- 21 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M32 Launched In India: Worthy Mid-Ranger?
- Movies Malaika Arora Reveals How She Is Ageing In Reverse As World Celebrates International Yoga Day
- Finance Insolvency Law Is Altering Society's Perception Of Business Failures: Sahoo
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Check out new coach Vukomanovic's plans for Kerala Blasters this season
- News Explained: What is mYoga app, how does it work?
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- Education Why Is International Yoga Day Celebrated On June 21?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Ford India has shared a few trips about sanitising one's car bearing in mind that a lot of people are out on the streets after an almost 90 day lock down. Washing a car regularly will keep the car clean, but not necessarily germ-free.
Ford advises that any surface that one touches or comes in contact with inside the cabin should be disinfected. Touch points include but are not limited to the key/ key FOB, the exterior door handles, the interior door handle lock and unlock buttons, and the interior door releases.
The list also includes the seat belts, buckles and push button, the Push-to-Start button, the rearview, and side mirror buttons, the HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) buttons, the radio and infotainment touchscreen buttons.
In addition, the gear selector, the parking brake lever, the steering wheel and mounted buttons, turn signal and wiper stalks, the headlights knob, the centre console and all cup holders should be disinfected.
When disinfecting hard surfaces like plastic, buttons, knobs and other areas can be wiped down with a bleach-free disinfectant. Disinfectants for touchscreens should be certified for use on electronic products.
When using a spray, spray products on to a microfibre towel and wipe surfaces like the dashboard. A vacuum cleaner can be used to remove dust and dirt from fabric seats, and carpet areas.
The rule of thumb while cleaning leather is to test the product out on a small area before using it across leather in the cabin. The rear section of a steering wheel makes for the perfect testing area.
Button, knows and other surfaces must be cleaned regularly and disinfected often. The brand also advises vehicle owners to wash their hands with soap and water after cleaning and disinfecting a car.
The company said, "As lockdown restrictions are relaxed, and more people are allowed to go around, folks who need to are beginning to drive again."
"If this is you, there are necessary precautions that need to be adhered to when it comes to cleaning, sanitising, and disinfecting a car keeping in mind sanitisation," they added.
Thoughts About Ford's Tips About Cleaning And Disinfecting A Car
We think these tips are excellent. While most of us read this in an owner's manual at some point, a majority of vehicle owners neglect disinfecting a vehicle. Disinfecting is important considering it effectively deals with bacteria and germs, especially a certain Covid character making the rounds.