- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Ford India has shared a few trips about sanitising one's car bearing in mind that a lot of people are out on the streets after an almost 90 day lock down. Washing a car regularly will keep the car clean, but not necessarily germ-free.
Ford advises that any surface that one touches or comes in contact with inside the cabin should be disinfected. Touch points include but are not limited to the key/ key FOB, the exterior door handles, the interior door handle lock and unlock buttons, and the interior door releases.
The list also includes the seat belts, buckles and push button, the Push-to-Start button, the rearview, and side mirror buttons, the HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) buttons, the radio and infotainment touchscreen buttons.
In addition, the gear selector, the parking brake lever, the steering wheel and mounted buttons, turn signal and wiper stalks, the headlights knob, the centre console and all cup holders should be disinfected.
When disinfecting hard surfaces like plastic, buttons, knobs and other areas can be wiped down with a bleach-free disinfectant. Disinfectants for touchscreens should be certified for use on electronic products.
When using a spray, spray products on to a microfibre towel and wipe surfaces like the dashboard. A vacuum cleaner can be used to remove dust and dirt from fabric seats, and carpet areas.
The rule of thumb while cleaning leather is to test the product out on a small area before using it across leather in the cabin. The rear section of a steering wheel makes for the perfect testing area.
Button, knows and other surfaces must be cleaned regularly and disinfected often. The brand also advises vehicle owners to wash their hands with soap and water after cleaning and disinfecting a car.
The company said, "As lockdown restrictions are relaxed, and more people are allowed to go around, folks who need to are beginning to drive again."
"If this is you, there are necessary precautions that need to be adhered to when it comes to cleaning, sanitising, and disinfecting a car keeping in mind sanitisation," they added.
Thoughts About Ford's Tips About Cleaning And Disinfecting A Car
We think these tips are excellent. While most of us read this in an owner's manual at some point, a majority of vehicle owners neglect disinfecting a vehicle. Disinfecting is important considering it effectively deals with bacteria and germs, especially a certain Covid character making the rounds.