- 26 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Finance Medi Assist Files DRHP For Rs. 840 Crore IPO
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
In a proud moment for India, Jehan Daruvala from Mumbai won his maiden F2 sprint race at the Sakhir Grand Prix. The final race also saw Mick Schumacher being crowned the 2020 F2 Champion, ahead of his ascension to F1 with the Haas team for 2021.
Jehan Daruvala finished at the top step of the podium, ahead of his teammate Yuki Tsunoda to give Carlin Racing a 1-2 finish. Daruvala fended off competition from Dan Ticktum who started on pole, to win the race. He also was at its aggressive best and drove splendidly, fighting with Mick Schumacher at the start.
However, with both Schumacher and Ticktum facing tyre degradation issues, Jehan quickly made the most of the situation. The Indian racer after a close battle, finally overtook Dan Ticktum on lap 15 to take the top position and from then on made no mistakes till the end of the race. A virtual safety car to clear the debris of Louis Deletraz's car also gave an advantage to Daruvala in the race.
Mick Shuchmacher's race, however, was laced with problems as the young driver faced lots of vibrations. The fast degrading tyres forced him to pit early for a new set, pushing him to the back of the grid.
His main championship rival, Calum Illiot had to finish second and get the fastest time of the race to stand a chance to beat Schumacher. However, with Illiot too struggling for grip, Mick Schumacher's 14-point advantage at the start of the race was enough to see him through to secure the F2 Championship.
Mick Schumacher won the 2020 F2 Driver's Championship with a total of 215 points, ahead of Calum Illiot in second, while Yuki Tsunoda came in third with just a point behind. Mick Schumacher's Prema Racing team also secured their Constructors Championship for the 2020 F2 season.
Mick Schumacher will now step up to F1 for the 2021 season, driving for the American-based Haas team, alongside his F2 rival Nikita Mazepin. His promotion to F1, brings back the iconic ‘Schumacher' name to the sport, as he follows his father — seven-time F1 Champion Michael Schumacher's footsteps.
Thoughts On Jehan Daruvala Winning His Maiden F2 Race
Jehan Daruvala from Mumbai, India finished the 2020 F2 season on a high. The Indian racer has had a tough season throughout but has finally managed to come out on top at the last race.