- 11 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Technology Poco M3 India Launch Date Set For February 2
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
In a proud moment for India, Jehan Daruvala from Mumbai won his maiden F2 sprint race at the Sakhir Grand Prix. The final race also saw Mick Schumacher being crowned the 2020 F2 Champion, ahead of his ascension to F1 with the Haas team for 2021.
Jehan Daruvala finished at the top step of the podium, ahead of his teammate Yuki Tsunoda to give Carlin Racing a 1-2 finish. Daruvala fended off competition from Dan Ticktum who started on pole, to win the race. He also was at its aggressive best and drove splendidly, fighting with Mick Schumacher at the start.
However, with both Schumacher and Ticktum facing tyre degradation issues, Jehan quickly made the most of the situation. The Indian racer after a close battle, finally overtook Dan Ticktum on lap 15 to take the top position and from then on made no mistakes till the end of the race. A virtual safety car to clear the debris of Louis Deletraz's car also gave an advantage to Daruvala in the race.
Mick Shuchmacher's race, however, was laced with problems as the young driver faced lots of vibrations. The fast degrading tyres forced him to pit early for a new set, pushing him to the back of the grid.
His main championship rival, Calum Illiot had to finish second and get the fastest time of the race to stand a chance to beat Schumacher. However, with Illiot too struggling for grip, Mick Schumacher's 14-point advantage at the start of the race was enough to see him through to secure the F2 Championship.
Mick Schumacher won the 2020 F2 Driver's Championship with a total of 215 points, ahead of Calum Illiot in second, while Yuki Tsunoda came in third with just a point behind. Mick Schumacher's Prema Racing team also secured their Constructors Championship for the 2020 F2 season.
Mick Schumacher will now step up to F1 for the 2021 season, driving for the American-based Haas team, alongside his F2 rival Nikita Mazepin. His promotion to F1, brings back the iconic ‘Schumacher' name to the sport, as he follows his father — seven-time F1 Champion Michael Schumacher's footsteps.
Thoughts On Jehan Daruvala Winning His Maiden F2 Race
Jehan Daruvala from Mumbai, India finished the 2020 F2 season on a high. The Indian racer has had a tough season throughout but has finally managed to come out on top at the last race.