- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Jeep has launched the Wrangler Rubicon in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 68.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Jeep stated that the company had received an unprecedented amount of pre-bookings for the Wrangler Rubicon SUV from the Indian market, prompting them to introduce the model in the country.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has been introduced in India in its five-door avatar and will be imported into the country via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Jeep also confirmed that deliveries of the Wrangler Rubicon will begin from the 15th of March.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is one of the most iconic off-roaders in the world. The ‘Rubicon name comes from the famous ‘Rubicon Trails' in California, USA; a back-drop to one of the most iconic 4x4 off-roading experiences in the world.
Dr Partha Datta, President & MD, FCA India stated:
"Discerning Indian customers generally know what they want to purchase next and there are many who have waited to own the most recognised vehicle in the world. The Wrangler Rubicon has caught the attention of many such connoisseurs who know their Jeep well. We already have an unprecedented order bank of eager customers ready to purchase our iconic off-roader."
"We are poised to complete delivery of our entire Rubicon import shipment to customers sooner than anticipated. Jeep Wrangler has been a really successful flagship product for us in India and it commands almost 67 per cent of our India CBU sales, since its launch in 2016."
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 265bhp and 400Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission unit with a 77.2:1 crawl ratio. The turbocharger comes in the form of a twin-scroll low-inertia unit, allowing the engine to be more responsive. It is placed directly on to the cylinders, improving its durability as well.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon also comes with a host of features and equipment as well. This includes a host of active safety equipment and security features such as driver and passenger airbags, park assist system, electronic stability control, trailer sway control, ABS, hill-start assist, hill-descent control, tyre pressure monitoring system, electronic roll mitigation and a host of others.
Thoughts On The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Launched In India
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the top-spec variant in the Wrangler range from the American off-roading brand. The Rubicon variant is known for its extreme off-roading capabilities around the world.