- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Jeep Renegade has been spotted testing ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Renegade will is one among the most highly anticipated model from Jeep in the country. The SUV is expected to arrive sometime during the next year.
Spy Images from on 4x4 India social forum reveals a heavily camouflaged mule testing near Udupi, Mangalore. From the images, we can notice the vertical slat grille that is signature design element from the automaker. The front grille is flanked by round-shaped headlamps on either side.
The Renegade sits below the Compass in the brand's global lineup and is the smallest SUV produced by Jeep. The SUV has been on sale in international markets since 2014 and has received mild updates. The Renegade has been on testing phase in India since a long time, however, the brand is yet to launch the off-road SUV in the country.
Others features that were revealed by spy pics include, roof rails, multi-spoke alloy wheels, roof rails, LED tail-lamps and most of all the SUV's boxy design with squared wheel arches that make the SUV look rugged and bold.
On the inside, the rugged design has been carried to the interiors with chunky grab handles, switches and steering wheel. The cabin also features a couple of coloured trims adding to the modern and funky looking cabin. Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, climate control and a touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest connected technology.
The global-spec Renegade is offered in a host of engine options including the 2.0-litre multijet engine that currently powers the Jeep Compass in India. It produces 170bhp and 350Nm of torque and comes mated to a nine-speed automatic with power being sent to all four wheels. Alongside the diesel engines, the SUV is also offered with three petrol engine, none of which are powering the current models from the brand in India.
There are no mid-size SUVs that currently feature an all-wheel drive or a four-wheel-drive system in the Indian market. Once the Renegade is launched we expect the company to launch the 4X2 variants, initially. The off-road 4X4 variants could be added at a later date.
The upcoming Jeep Renegade will rival the Hyundai Creta, the Kia Seltos, the Volkswagen T-Roc and the Skoda Karoq; among others in the Indian market. On the off-road scale, it will be weighed against the Mahindra Thar, the Force Gurkha and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny.
Thoughts About The Jeep Renegade Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India
The Renegade has been one of the highly anticipated models in the Indian market, especially among off-road enthusiasts. Once launched, we expect the country's off-road community becoming a niche audience that the brand will target. With that being said, it will great to have a fully equipped off-road SUV lower down the price bracket from Jeep.