- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Vishal Kotian To Re-Enter The House? Find Out
- Technology List Of Best 6000 mAh Battery Smartphones For Students Under Rs. 10,000
- News Maharashtra's first Omicron case patient discharged from hospital after testing negative
- Sports ISL: HFC vs BFC, Highlights: Hyderabad pile further misery on Bengaluru with clinical win
- Lifestyle COVID-19: India Adds Ghana And Tanzania To List Of 'At-Risk' Countries
- Finance The Best Interest Rates Paid By Payments Banks In India
- Education General Bipin Rawat: Some Lesser Known Facts About India’s First CDS
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Aizawl
Jeep launched the Compass SUV back in 2017 in the Indian market. Since its inception, the SUV has been a popular name in its segment as it comes loaded with several standard safety features. The Compass is available in a five-seater variant, but there reports that there are some new models in the pipeline for our country.
According to a report by Evo India, Partha Dutta, President and CEO of FCA India, has told that there are three new models in the pipeline, which have been slated to hit the market early next year. Among the upcoming range of vehicles is also a 3-row SUV (seven-seater) codenamed the ‘Low D 3-row' SUV, which could also be badged as the Jeep Grand Compass. Along with that, there will also be a new sub-4-meter SUV as well.
The Jeep Grand Compass is expected to come with a longer wheelbase compared to the regular Compass. The styling of the SUV is likely to be based on the Compass facelift (expected to launch in India early next). It could get a revised grille and updated headlamps and bumpers. The Low D 3-row SUV is also expected to get a large third window and S-shaped trim along the roofline.
There have been rumors that the Grand Compass could be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The seven-seater Jeep Compass is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the second quarter of 2021. Once launched in India, the SUV will go up against the likes of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Hyundai Tucson, Skoda Kodiaq, and the Toyota Fortuner.
In other recent Jeep news, the company recently launched the Compass BS6 models in India starting at Rs 16.49 lakh, ex-showroom. It also discontinued the Sport variant, making the ‘Sport Plus' the new base-variant in the SUV's lineup.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models are available with two engine options. A 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 160bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the oil burner is a 2.0-litre engine that produces 170bhp of power and a peak torque output of 350Nm. Transmission options include a standard six-speed manual and an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Seven-Seater Grand Compass
The Jeep Compass has been a really successful model in the Indian market as it offers lots of space and loads of standard features. We expect the same from the upcoming models as it will not only be big in size but will also host many new standard features.